Aldi Special Buys Thursday 7Th

si abbo

Great little gadget for charging USB devices and powering 240v items at the same time:

https://www. aldi. co. uk/en/specialbuys/thursday-7th-august/product-detail/ps/p/usb-surge-protected-power-block/

Is that good bad or average please?

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

Great little gadget for charging USB devices and powering 240v items at the same time:

https://www. aldi. co. uk/en/specialbuys/thursday-7th-august/product-detail/ps/p/usb-surge-protected-power-block/

Hmmmmm! the socket arrangement means the cables exit upwards from the plugs. ..not exactly convenient.

Is that good bad or average please?

Phil.

Average. Okay for a single iPhone but half what an iPad would like.

It'll charge an iPad but it'll take twice as long as an Apple charger (as long as the screen is off).

Tony

Edited by TonyJover

You have to be careful some devices wont chrge if there is not enough current Samsung Galxy Tabs

As to "Is that good bad or average please?"

The USB std is 0. 5Amp and therefore anything above this is better than the standard, however some devices require up to 2 amps and therefore will not work on a stadard USB charger.

Bailey Pageant Bretagne Series 6 - LR Discovery Td5 Auto

Everything will charge, even if it says it isn't ;-)

It will just take forever. .....

Those plugs are very good, many top class hotels now have them in the rooms on the desks. The plugs are that way as they are designed to sit on a desk, so if the plugs were the other way, they wouldn't sit right.

I'm off to get one now.

I would be honoured if you could spare a few pounds to sponsor me.

I am playing in a charity ice hockey match in July in aid of Help For Heroes

Please text STGO94 £2 to 70070 or visit justgiving. com/SteelerGoalie94

We've just looked at one in Aldi's but resisted the temptation to buy. Reason being it will sit quite high in our front window and the cables will all be stuck up so we think it will be more noticeable from outside than our current flat 4-plug extension lead that sits on the windowsill. Looked well-made though.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

The plugs are that way as they are designed to sit on a desk, so if the plugs were the other way, they wouldn't sit right.

They are designed for the much larger continental market with Schuko plugs most of which will have the cable exiting horizontally.

When adapted by the manufacturer for the UK system the plug can only be fitted so the cable exits vertically.

Edited by beejay

They are designed for the much larger continental market with Schuko plugs most of which will have the cable exiting horizontally.

When adapted by the manufacturer for the UK system the plug can only be fitted so the cable exits vertically.

Correct.

But as a sparky I can tell you it would make no difference what so ever to the manufacturing wich way the sockets were oriented, the wiring inside just gets moved. They are set earth pin down, so the cables point up. Because of the profile of the unit, if they were the 'right' way up, the unit would not sit flat on a desk with plugs in, and if it did, could break any cables plugged into it because of the gap between the plug and the surface the unit sits on. These ones are free standing so no real trouble, many similar products are screwed down.

Have installed many thousands of such systems in hotels.

:-)

Bought one anyway, I once asked about getting one from work, and even at trade, it would have cost me double that price!

I would be honoured if you could spare a few pounds to sponsor me.

I am playing in a charity ice hockey match in July in aid of Help For Heroes

Please text STGO94 £2 to 70070 or visit justgiving. com/SteelerGoalie94

B & Q sell these, I got a 4 way 13 amp plus 2 USB outlets for just under £12. Exactly the same manufacturer, loads of different permutations available. Fitted it to the side of the front drawer unit and wired it into the back of the 13amp socket below. There is a picture in my gallery, don't even notice it when not in use.

Plugs all sit in a conventional manner, leads exit downwards.

Shug

Edited by Mr wilson