Leeds To Driffield

Can anyone help please? Travelling from Leeds to Driffield which route can I take to avoid that big hill on way to East Coast?

You could take the A1079 at York and go via Pocklington and follow the route the buses use to get to Driffield.

M62 then A164 to Beverley then north to Driffield.

John.

Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does, he'll tell you. If he doesn't, why humiliate him?

M62 then A164 to Beverley then north to Driffield.

John.

Agree. .

Geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Me too, but, don't try driving through Beverley very narrow streets, go around it! Unlike me the first time I went on that route!

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

M62 to Howden then A614 through to Driffield. On this route there are no steep hills, no urban areas with tricky roundabouts and only speed restrictions in Howdenn, Holme upon Spalding Moor, Middleton on the Wolds and Bainton to look out for. A normal caravanning route for me as I live in the East Riding.

John

Edited by John19

If you are talking about Garrowby Hill I would suggest that if you can't get up that your tug/'van match is poor. It is a long climb but it isn't too bad.

You can of course go A64 to Malton then through Norton and down the B1248. Easy road, little traffic, and probably the easiest route from Leeds - albeit that means you will have to go up Barton Hill instead!

2018 Passat B8 Estate 150GT TDi150 towing a 2018 Bailey Unicorn S4 Seville

M62 to Howden then A614 through to Driffield. On this route there are no steep hills, no urban areas with tricky roundabouts and only speed restrictions in Howdenn, Holme upon Spalding Moor, Middleton on the Wolds and Bainton to look out for. A normal caravanning route for me as I live in the East Riding.

John

That's the route i take to Bempton and Flamborough each month. .