Ventura 825 Awning To Fit 836 Van?

fatgit

We've just traded our caravan for a 93 Elddis Hurricane GT which has an awning size of 836.

We've been offered a Ventura 825 awning from the buyer of our old 750 awning bit I'm not sure if 825 means 800-825 for 825-850 - the label just says 825.

I know the Isabella recommended size is 850, but would this 825 fit our would it be too small?

Thanks

I have just found on another website that an Isabella 825 awning is designed to fit "A" measurement 813-837 cms so you are borderline but should be ok. I would prefer the awning to be lightly smaller than too big - it's difficult to "lose" excess canvas.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

Hi

I think as the above says it will just fit, on a flat site it should be pretty perfect as it is right on its limit,however if you were on a sloping site you may have difficulty pegging it down, this is where awnings such as a Dorema code 8 (825-850) come in handy or even a Bradcot 840 come into their own, just had an issue today with a customer whose a measure was 938 and found a 950 too big and a 925 too small

Hope this helps

Steve

Thanks for the replies. We've only had one level pitch so far, so I'd rather it not be too short.

I've got a couple of Size 8 Dorema's on my ebay watch list already, so I think I'll go for one of those as I know it will fit.

Is it not an option to "try it" ?

The Ventura will be a better quality product than the Dorema, so its worth trying.

I can certainly ask. It is a 2hr drive each way, but as you say, they are a better quality awning so could be worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

The awning in question was sold but we've seen an NR 14ft that's almost new. Again, the issue is that the 14ft is for up to 838 and a few people have said that NR aren't the most generous with the awning sizes.

I have a feeling it would fit, but as we've only used an isabella previously I can't be certain.

Managed to find a Bradcot 840 that just happens to be on the way to Cornwall on Friday. 4 years old, hardly used and with annex for £120 - I just hope that it's as shown in the pictures! Didn't dare pay much more as there's a chance that the van will be going in for an exchange if it springs another leak.