Christmas In The Van

KimmyandGinge

We'll be spending 4 days in the van over Christmas, starting on Christmas Eve, now both the lads have left home (finally)

We'll be spending it at Beech Croft Farm near Buxton, we were wondering what you lot cook for Christmas dinner in the van, we're thinking rather than a full chicken, just a crown.

Was also thinking about decorations, was gonna get a little tree for inside and also wanted some lights for in or out of th awning

Hyundai Santa Fe 2. 2 Premium Auto 2010 - Sterling Eccles Moonstone 2005 - Kampa Ace Air 300 2016

sounds nice

my mate and his misses go out over Christmas down to a site in the newforrest, (setthorns) he says it is very nice down there and they have decs up and a tree with lights around the awning

phil

We haven't been away for Christmas but always go around the middle of December and decorate the van with a small Christmas tree inside, lights around the inside of the windows and a string of solar lights around the front edge of the awning and a lot people do the same thing. It lookws great. Enjoy your Christmas.

Volvo V60 D5, Coachman VIP 2016, Isabella Magnum porch awning, powrtouch mover

Adventure before dementia

<p>

Have fun! I'd love to go away in the van as not a christmas fan but the boys will miss their gadgets. I don't do gadgets etc at the weeekends we're away but christmas is when they get new games etc.

Compass Shadow 1988

I have spent several Christmases in the caravan on CC sites and on occasions have sometimes cooked a chicken in a double skillet. I have sometimes cooked a so-called "Turkey crowns" despite having doubts about of which parts of a turkey's anatomy it's comprised. :rolleyes:

During the post Christmas sales I always buy Christmas crackers at sales prices for the following Christmas. As I didn't spend last Christmas in the caravan the crackers I bought in Cambridge two years ago have been much travelled as they have been in the caravan ever since.

I never felt there was sufficient room for a tree though I have always decorated the caravan's exterior with lights, as have others on the sites on which I have stayed.

A couple of years ago whilst staying at the CC Cherry Hinton site I received last minute invitations to spend Christmas Day in Nottingham with my eldest daughter and family and to spend Boxing Day with my eldest son and family in Greenwich. As I had just provisioned for the holiday before receiving the invitations I had extra Christmas and Boxing Days in Cambridge before New Year. :D

We had cheese & biscuits and tapas type stuff, followed by Christmas pudding and a walk on the beach!

We go away every Christmas in the van been doing it now for about15 years, we now settle for Ferry Meadows (last 6 years) as we can park the car up and walk round the park, pub and garden centre down the road.

We have full Christmas lunch which normally is roast pork loin joint as it is easier to cook, we have silly hats and crackers, and a small tipple at the side of the plate. ;) The van has flashing LED lights set up inside the van at roof locker height and LED lights round the awning rails. We have a porch awning which takes the chill off the door when opened. Our friends who also go away usually have sausage egg & chips. So it is really up to you what you prefer.

Just remember to enjoy the fun of winter caravanning. :D

Good luck

2013(13) Sorento KX2 2. 2 Diesel Manual, (With smelling clutch) Glittering Metal (Metallic Grey) dragging a 2020 Coachman VIP 520 with a Powrtouch Evolution Motor Mover (Towing @ 80. 0%) :)

1288275170_2019VIP.jpg.775f2d8ce7b26db242e04a2e77903cd0.jpg

We tend to have turkey crown which is just the body of the bird

We but roast potatoes and prepared veg etc from the supermarket which saves on prep

We love getting away from the usual pressures of Christmas and I'm sure you'll have a great time

The atmosphere on site is great and we particularly enjoy all the decorated vans

We've just booked to spend Christmas at Alderstead Heath CC site which is nice and close to us so not much travelling if the weather is a bit iffy. Will probably have something simple for lunch on Christmas day but Christmas pudding done in the microwave for dessert :) lots of nibbles throughout the evening and a few drinkies! Going to buy a tiny decorated tree and put lights up inside the van and awning :) really looking forward to it as not been able to do it before due to having horses to look after but after 30 years have given up so lots of time to go away in the van now :)

We do 2 weeks in the caravan over Christmas and New Year, we've done it for the last 5 years, and despite being a proper 'bah humbug' for 40 years, now I love Christmas and I can't wait.

We have a full turkey dinner with all the trimmings, like the others have mentioned usually just the crown. I get all the prepared veg, bacon wrapped sausages, etc. Cooking it all is fine, but prepping too in a small space is not fun. Besides, I'm on holiday I don't want to be prepping veg all day!

No space for a tree, but we have tinsel, baubles and christmas lights round the seating area secured under the lockers with sticky backed clips. We do crackers and paper hats, it's Christmas innit!! :P

We have also added more outside lights each year, usually round the awning, and awning rail on the off side. Last year we had a net of lights over the front window too.

Jokingly I showed Husband a set of lighted reindeer the other day. ......his response is not repeatable LOL

We've just booked to spend Christmas at Alderstead Heath CC site which is nice and close to us so not much travelling if the weather is a bit iffy. Will probably have something simple for lunch on Christmas day but Christmas pudding done in the microwave for dessert :) lots of nibbles throughout the evening and a few drinkies! Going to buy a tiny decorated tree and put lights up inside the van and awning :) really looking forward to it as not been able to do it before due to having horses to look after but after 30 years have given up so lots of time to go away in the van now :)

We'll see you there, thats where we've spent all our Christmas's since getting the 'van :)

Outfit: 51reg 2. 7 Jeep Grand Cherokee 52reg Mercedes C270 Avanteguard Peugeot 407 2. 7v6 Ford Mondeo 2. 0 Zetec -------> Ace Prestige 25
Us: Me, Husband, 35 kilo German Shepherd RIP Amber (18/6/15)

We do 2 weeks in the caravan over Christmas and New Year, we've done it for the last 5 years, and despite being a proper 'bah humbug' for 40 years, now I love Christmas and I can't wait.

We have a full turkey dinner with all the trimmings, like the others have mentioned usually just the crown. I get all the prepared veg, bacon wrapped sausages, etc. Cooking it all is fine, but prepping too in a small space is not fun. Besides, I'm on holiday I don't want to be prepping veg all day!

No space for a tree, but we have tinsel, baubles and christmas lights round the seating area secured under the lockers with sticky backed clips. We do crackers and paper hats, it's Christmas innit!! :P

We have also added more outside lights each year, usually round the awning, and awning rail on the off side. Last year we had a net of lights over the front window too.

Jokingly I showed Husband a set of lighted reindeer the other day. ......his response is not repeatable LOL

We'll see you there, thats where we've spent all our Christmas's since getting the 'van :)

Love the idea of reindeer outside the van! ;) My hubby doesn't have the same ideas about Christmas deccys either :) Will look out for you at Alderstead, we're going Christmas Eve for three nights, hoping the dog walk isn't too muddy, lovely when it's dry and frosty!

Seem to remember them having a tap for washing dogs off at the beginning of the dog walk? Or am I dreaming? :)

I thought there was a forum rule . ..

. .. no mention of the C******** word until at least December 1st , preferably December 24th !

:lol: :lol:

John

:) Can't believe I've actually thought about C******** this early! Must be the excitement of not conforming to the norm and being a rebel! :) Ho ho ho ;)

Not sure our 'van would be suitable for use over winter as it's a 1993, but if we dogs do Christmas in it (and I'd love to), then it would be a nice lamb joint done in the halogen oven and all the trimmings - I hate Turkey - or a meal out (as long as there's a Turkey alternative)

Edited by fatgit

Baahhhh HUMBUG!!!!!! :P:P

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

Well it is only 140 days and 13 hours so best get those cards written and pressies wrapped! Runs and hides . .....;)

Yeah, soz for the early mention of the ghastly word, I've always been a bit of a grinch, but time off work falls perfect for us both this year, so proper looking forward to it.

Hyundai Santa Fe 2. 2 Premium Auto 2010 - Sterling Eccles Moonstone 2005 - Kampa Ace Air 300 2016

Just hope we don't have snow and can't drive anywhere! Now that would annoy me! Looking forward to C******** for the first time in years!!! :) Must have a best decorated caravan competition ! ;)

Always full "Christmas Fayre" in our 'vans :D

Christmas 2012.jpg

Christmas lunch in the 'van

Christmas - later that day. . ..jpg

Presents opened, but the 'van really needs tidying :(

Summer Holiday - P384.jpg

Now let's concentrate on the summer as long as we can :unsure:

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

loving the last picture though :)

Thank you. That was take in 2008 just east of John O'Groats and the sea really was that colour!

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

We done it the last two years first year we went to salt ash in Cornwall, we had a full Christmas dinner turkey and all trimmings. sencond year we went to seacroft for 10 days loved it entertainment every night and the food was excellant booking again this Christmas

Will you lot pack in rabbiting on about C. ....... We have,nt had our summer holidays yet. :P:lol::lol:

van Bessacar 625 towed by Mercedes M class 3. 2 cdi.

we do 6mths at home (winter) 6mths touring (summer)

Retired & loving it.--------- :D Adventure before Dementia. :P