Testing Toilet Pump...how

Robert314

I have eventually found my Thetford C400 toilet pump and I am not sure whether it's the pump or the curcuit board or pehaps even a break in the wireing.

Starting with the pump. ..is there a simple way of testing it?

The light illuminates when the cassette is full which perhaps means the wiring and curcuit board are fine.

Any advice/help would be gratefully appreciated.

Oh. ..I have never let the flushing resevoir run dry or anywhere near dry.

Mine on a C200 failed recently. Turned out that I could not turn the impeller with a pointy thing as it was bunged up with crud. This stalled the motor blowing the 3Amp fuse in the cassette compartment. A cleanout, and a bit of persuasion with the pointy thing and a new fuse and I was away again.

The Thretford web site has lots of good support info. I know the C200 pump on ebay is about £15.

Chris in Warwickshire, Elddis Odyssey 482 (2008), Mitsubishi Outlander diesel, 2017

I think you can drop the flush pump down so that it is "get-at-able" without disconnecting it. ChrisUK will confirm this was the case with his C200 anyway.

Ern

I give them a soak in hand hot water and white vineagar,

use a fine bladed screwdriver to see if they will turn easily,

then run it under power, just a quick flip.

Thank you very much indeed for your help guys. I'll give it a try on my next day off.

Thank you.

Regards

Robert