Hi,

I have a set of Milenco Aero 2 mirrors which clamp to the top of the car wing mirrors but there seems to be a lot of shake in them even at 60 mph.

Can anyone suggest how I stop this?

Hi, starnge one that. Normally mine are rock steady. I did have some vibration towing this weekend, but that was down to a noisey concrete road surface.

Where do you think the vibration is eminating from, how rigid are the mirror cases they are clamped on to?

I have the same mirrors, the drivers side is OK but the passenger one not so good, in my case I think it is the car mirror that is a bit wobbly with the Milenco on.

Chris in Warwickshire, Elddis Odyssey 482 (2008), Mitsubishi Outlander diesel, 2017

Hi, starnge one that. Normally mine are rock steady. I did have some vibration towing this weekend, but that was down to a noisey concrete road surface.

Where do you think the vibration is eminating from, how rigid are the mirror cases they are clamped on to?

I'm guessing its coming from the fact that they are screwed on to the top of the mirror housing. Not really sure what else to do other than maybe try fixing them to the bottom instead of the top?

never have that problem with ours, i think it is probably the car mirror housing ? I put mine on the bottom of the car mirror just in case they mark the housing

Landrover Freelander 2 towing a Bailey Pegasus IV verona

I have the same mirrors on 4 cars and they have all wobbled somewhat . They are better than the ones with rubber bans around though - they gave me a headache just lokking at them !!

Land Rover Discovery Sport 180 SE Tech 2016 - Fuji White

Coachman Festival 640/6 - 2011

I have the Milenco and apart from a strange bit of M5 near WSM,

they are fine. Do your car mirrors have a stepped rim? my Yeti does.

so I clamp them along the flatter bottom section of the car mirror and

pack the Milenco foot with some 1. 5mm rubber strip.

You can get alternative clamping feet from Milenco I believe to accommodate this.