Damp Repair Advice Needed Please

Hi everyone,

First ever post so hope this works.

I recently bought a cheap (very cheap) Fleetwood Colchester which I knew had damp in the rear corner wash room and shower area. It doesn't seem to have spread too much and with the corner resealed I believe it will dry out OK and be a usable caravan for many more years.

I stripped the wall-board and polystyrene off the aluminium skin on the inside so I am down to the 25mm square wooden frame which was very easy to replace. Using modern glues etc. I am very confident that the caravan will be as almost as good as new (I'm not a carpenter but pretty optimistic when tackling most jobs).

However (this might be a useful tip here for anyone else), I went into the caravan one evening when the sun was setting against the side I was repairing and I could see small beams of light coming through several pin-pricks and small holes in the aluminium skin. The setting sun made it very easy to locate all the holes I wanted to ask what other caravanner's would use to repair these holes. I was going to smear Isopon or similar car body repair stuff over the inside of the skin. Is this OK? Would it crack and fall off or are there any other products designed for the job that anyone knows of?

Any advice on covering these little holes would be appreciated.

One last little note, my name is Richie and I'm 6'7" if anybody is offended by my nickname!

Cheers

Richie

Welcome to the forum, Richie. There are plenty of repair kits for aluminium available,on

ebay :)

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

I would put on small internal aluminium sheet patches using a Sikaflex adhesive.

Thanks Gravon42 and JTQ,

I never thought of ebay. Found the repair kits and sikaflex you mentioned. I'll give it a go.

Thanks again

Richie

Welcome and good luck! I ripped apart my rotten caravan and re did it almost two years ago now, i've got a blog on here if you fancy a look with pics although it sounds much older than yours with the structure.

Good luck!

Compass Shadow 1988