Ssang Yong Korando Sport

Townie

Hi all,

I currently tow with a Mitsubishi Trojan L200. When it was in for its first service in April, I went for a wander around the showroom, (fatal for me!). I had a good look at the Ssang Yong Korando Sport, (their version of the 4 man cab, flat bed pick up). I was quite impressed by it and wondered if anybody has towed with one. Might think of changing when the Trojan reaches 3 years old.

Regards, Mike.

2014 SsangYong Rexton W towing a 2017 Sprite Major 4EB. (After June 9th).

Hi Mike been looking at them and my only concern is the engine is there own design so its reliability is the main concern .

Ste

. ....One life, Don't waste it fixing LandRovers .

Ford F350 SUPERDUTY Towing 640 Hobby @ 1%

I looked at them recently too. The design's lack of heritage has put me off. Cheap and quite well equipped though.

Paul

2009 2. 5 Kia Sorento
2012 Bailey Unicorn Valencia

The SUV version has won a Towcar of the year award so like all of Ssangyongs previous models they tow well. As for reliability, the Owners Website has not seen many problems with the latest engine, which is fitted to all the range, not just the Korando and dont forget that they do have a history with Mercedes for previous engines but have been building their own since around 1996.

As for heritage they have been producing cars since 1954, 3 years earlier than KIA.

Saw one of these at the weekend in a deep blue metallic colour and the coordinated rear canopy- it was really nice.

The one I saw didn't have an obvious towbar fitted but I believe the pickup version can tow 300Kg more than the SUV version.

I say go for it!

The SUV version has won a Towcar of the year award so like all of Ssangyongs previous models they tow well. As for reliability, the Owners Website has not seen many problems with the latest engine, which is fitted to all the range, not just the Korando and dont forget that they do have a history with Mercedes for previous engines but have been building their own since around 1996.

As for heritage they have been producing cars since 1954, 3 years earlier than KIA.

Quite right. ..saw the pick-up with a van on this week in Cotswolds,looked good.

Geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Well . .. if you fancy a test drive . .. ;)

To find out more info about the SsangYong etc you could have a chat to our Gary. He's based at Catterick Caravans.

Regards

Vicky

post-38857-0-87830300-1351008423_thumb.jpg
www.leisureworldgroup.com
post-38857-0-37340800-1349458087_thumb.jpg

"A Family Firm with Family Values"

Winner of the 2012 Caravan Talk Best Dealer Award

Regional and Overall Winner of the Practical Caravan Dealer of the Year 2011

Winner of the 2012 Caravan Times Reader Award for the Most Popular Caravan Dealership

Gary says . ..

The Korando Sport is capable of towing 2700Kg.

Customers are quite welcome to come and have a go with us. We could even arrange for a caravan to be on the back.

Cheers

post-38857-0-87830300-1351008423_thumb.jpg
www.leisureworldgroup.com
post-38857-0-37340800-1349458087_thumb.jpg

"A Family Firm with Family Values"

Winner of the 2012 Caravan Talk Best Dealer Award

Regional and Overall Winner of the Practical Caravan Dealer of the Year 2011

Winner of the 2012 Caravan Times Reader Award for the Most Popular Caravan Dealership

Gary says . ..

The Korando Sport is capable of towing 2700Kg.

Customers are quite welcome to come and have a go with us. We could even arrange for a caravan to be on the back.

Cheers

According to the manufacturer's brochure the braked towing limit for all versions of the Sport is 2300Kg.

According to the manufacturer's brochure the braked towing limit for all versions of the Sport is 2300Kg.

The SsangYong website states that all versions of the Korando Sport have a max braked trailer towing limit of 2700kg and a noseweight of 92kg.

The SsangYong website states that all versions of the Korando Sport have a max braked trailer towing limit of 2700kg and a noseweight of 92kg.

Interesting. The brochures I was sent by Ssangyong UK only a few weeks ago gives a figure of 2300kg (2000Kg for the regular Korando). Max towbar load is 92Kg for all models of the Sport and 80Kg for all models of the regular. ...

Interesting. The brochures I was sent by Ssangyong UK only a few weeks ago gives a figure of 2300kg (2000Kg for the regular Korando). Max towbar load is 92Kg for all models of the Sport and 80Kg for all models of the regular. ...

Seems like a chat with my local dealer is needed before I make a decision on buying.

Seems like a chat with my local dealer is needed before I make a decision on buying.

Just looked at the downloadable pdf of the Sport brochure and that states 2700Kg for all models so they've either sent me an out of date brochure or the pdf is out of date. ...

Just looked at the downloadable pdf of the Sport brochure and that states 2700Kg for all models so they've either sent me an out of date brochure or the pdf is out of date. ...

Interestingly, the online SsangYong video for the Korando Sport says that the towing limit is 2300kg, but the associated readable information states 2700kg for all models. The video shows a 2012 plated model on test while the associated blurb is for current (2014) models.

• 4 weeks later...

Having done a bit of research and questioning, I'm moving more towards the new Rexton W. Same engine, and questioning on the Ssangyong owners forum has told me that it's a good towcar. Max towing capacity of 3000kg and a noseweight of 128kg. Will have a test drive when the Trojan goes in for its next service.

Mike.