Cadac Carri Chef 2 Combinations

DavidNotts

Message added by CT Advertising,

Prima logo.png

Prima Leisure has an entire range of Cadac BBQs available which you can check out. 

Make sure you are getting the best possible product to suit your needs! 

I've let time slip away and need to get some outdoor cooking device sorted before our 2 week holiday in a couple of weeks time. Previous only been short weekends so not bothered with one.

We went with my cousin who had a cadac, and we quite like that so wanted to get one. However I'm thoroughly confused about the array of combinations of Carri chef 2 available, non of them seem consistent about what is included and what isn't.

This seems to be the one I see most, but some others are different.

http://www. gooutdoors. co. uk/cadac-carri-chef-combo-2-p273428

Wheras this seems to be missing the flat pan bit. :s

http://www. gasproducts. co. uk/acatalog/Cadac_Carri_Chef_2_Grill_2_Braai. html

The pictures don't help really either.

Advice from anyone who understands the combinations would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

David

Edited by DavidNotts
I've had an idea - my caravanning blog

I have just returned from 4 weeks of using a Carri Chef and the only thing we did not cook on it was Pasta, new potatoes and garlic bread. On the advice of someone on the Forum I bought a Paella pan as I was told the Skottle is not truly non-stick and you need to use a liner. Great bit of advice easy to clean goof for making stir-fry, spag-bol, chillie's etc. I also received a Pizza stone for a fathers day gift and it is brilliant. These two together with the reversible grill pan were the only ones I used; the flat side for cooking bacon eggs sausages, mushrooms and the grill side for BBQ . There is a saucepan stand and BBQ rack with mine but I did not use them at all.

P. S. if some one could explain how to use it to cook a full chicken or a roast in the replies to your post I'd appreciate being enlightened too

Ok, so I'm still confused.

• I thought that the Carri Chef 2 didn't have a reversible BBQ plate? But you say you cooked your breakfast on that.
  • I thought the Skottle was the flat one?
  • You also mention another BBQ part, a rack. What is that? As I thought the only BBQ part was the BBQ plate.
  • The pan/kettle stand I do get. :lol:
  • And then on top of that I know you can buy the Paella Pan, which I presume basically has a higher lip than the flat flip side of the bbq plate?

Still confused. :(

I read that it's difficult to fit a full chicken under the Carri Chef 2's lid (not as high as the old Deluxe).

Edited by DavidNotts

Ok, so I'm still confused.

• I thought that the Carri Chef 2 didn't have a reversible BBQ plate? But you say you cooked your breakfast on that. Lee may have the deluxe?
  • I thought the Skottle was the flat one? No its slightly concave like a mini flattish wok
  • You also mention another BBQ part, a rack. What is that? As I thought the only BBQ part was the BBQ plate. That would be the BBQ rack/plate as you say. Its the full size and full width part that you use to cook like a normal gas BBQ on
  • The pan/kettle stand I do get. :lol:
  • And then on top of that I know you can buy the Paella Pan, which I presume basically has a higher lip than the flat flip side of the bbq plate? The Paella pan is a non stick full sized pan that you can cook anything in really

Still confused. :(

I read that it's difficult to fit a full chicken under the Carri Chef 2's lid (not as high as the old Deluxe).

The Carri Chef 2 bit apparently are not compatible with the older Deluxe ones like we have

Unless you've tried it, you simply won't understand. .....

Apologies I did not mean to confuse. I have a reversible griddle plate. flat one side with a small lip and raised griddle pattern on the other. I did see a new one before I went on holiday and the plate was half raised and half flat and I thought about buying as I could cook breakfast a little easier eggs on the flat bit and the bacon etc. on the other side to allow any fat to drain away but decided to just flip it over with an oven glove to cook the eggs.

Lee do you have Carri Chef 2 or the older Deluxe model - there is a difference in shape opf legs amongst other things

Carri Chef 2

cadac-carri-chef-2-bbq.jpg

Carri Chef Deluxe

carri2.jpg

Hi I have the older deluxe model

we mainly use the chef pan and pizza stone on our carri chef 2. Was thinking of getting a paella pan and the half flat/half ribbed one.

Edited by rusty63

Have to say that since buying paella pan a couple of years ago, I have never bothered taking any of the other plates/griddles etc. just a liner which makes it so much easier to clean.

Sam :beardy:

We always use a 'liner' on the griddle plate as it makes it so much easier to clean.

Bill

How easy are they to store and clean etc? They do seem expensive but everyone seems to have them so I suppose they must be good.

Carri chef is quite large overall but as above if you use the Paella pan mainly for shorter trips for instance you can leave a lot of the stuff behind including the black fat tray.

Paella easy to clean as proper non stick, skottel easy enough if you use liners, double sided grill easy on flat side, take a little more cleaning on ribbed side, BBQ rack can be more of a pain to clean unless you soak straight away

Its more of an outdoor cooking system rather than BBQ to be honest so depends on what you want

I still have a small lightweight kettle charcoal BBQ in caravan for when I fancy a "real BBQ" !

I have an older delux model, the one that came with 13 cooking surface options.

It's great! Although I only ever use the one thing that didn't come with it that I bought separate, the paella pan LOL

We do everything on that, grill, curry, boil, whatever. Great bit of kit.

I would be honoured if you could spare a few pounds to sponsor me.

I am playing in a charity ice hockey match in July in aid of Help For Heroes

Please text STGO94 £2 to 70070 or visit justgiving. com/SteelerGoalie94

David, we bought the Carri chef 2 with the chefs pan as opposed to the skottle as this seems more versatile. It also comes with a ribbed grill plate & pot stand ( should you wish to boil a kettle - don't think we'll ever use that ). We used it for the first time during a recent 2 week holiday & cooked on it every day. The chefs pan is ideal for cooking a full english breakfast. It is also the pan recommended by cadac for doing paella. We cooked salmon steaks & rib eye's on the ribbed grill.

A couple of tips: 1, buy a sheet of teflon ( from Tesco & other places ) dirt cheap. cut the corners off so that it fits flat on the chefs pan & cook everything on the sheet. You don't need any cooking oil whatsoever, it's totally non stick & wipeable/washable. I never washed the chefs pan or grill plate when using this as a quick wipe with kitchen towel did the trick.

2, buy a cadac cover. If it rains, it stops the water collecting in the blue bit.

Great piece of kit which has now replaced my charcoal bar b q at home.

Les.
2. 0ltr 150TDCi TITANIUM X KUGA + 2016 Elddis Crusader Mistral ( Misty )

" I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong "

For roasting a chicken we have the Cadac 'roasting dish'. It comes with it's own stand. We put this in the fat tray, put some water in the moat of the fat tray and then put the meat and the potatoes in the roasting dish with the lid on. The meat/chicken stays moist and the potatoes cook beautifully. No need to cook the potatoes first either, just peel and cut into quarters. Only down side is you can only do a small chicken or a shallow joint otherwise the lid sits on the meat !

Here's a link to the Cadac recipes. They have a roast chicken there so you can see the size and timings etc.

The only thing we found was that if it was windy we needed to use a wind break. Trying to keep a low flame from blowing out all the time is impossible and a high flame that doesn't blow out means burnt meat (on the outside anyway !)

I haven't had one for ages, might have to give it a go soon now. ;)

Apart from that we tend to just take the blue burner, the paella pan and the lid with us (and the legs). This makes it much lighter and seems to be the answer to all our outdoor cooking needs.

We also have a small portable Weber charcoal bbq but we seem to have not used this much yet . ..........

Edited by Shirl250

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

Thanks for all the replies. We're going to head down to GoOutdoors in Loughborough shortly, as we need to get one sorted for next weekend. :)

Thanks for all the replies. We're going to head down to GoOutdoors in Loughborough shortly, as we need to get one sorted for next weekend. :)

In addition, we use our spare gas bottle with a bottle top regulator, gas pipe and cadac connector. We then use a spanner to fix it onto the Cadac itself. Using the spare bottle rather then the bbq point on the caravan means we can position the Cadac anywhere away from the caravan without resorting to a long gas pipe which we would be bound to trip over. Although we do have to use the bbq point occasionally when a bottle runs out. For these occasions we have a meter long pipe with the quick release fitting at one end and a Cadac connector at the other end. Again we use a spanner to connect this to the Cadac (which has a wrong way round thread by the way).

There are other options but this seems to work for us. Good Luck.

Edited by Shirl250

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

For chicken i spatchcock it and marinade in olive oil lemon juice salt and pepper,and herb of choice,for me its oregano,cook on griddle plate with lid on and gas turned low,takes about 30 mins-delicious moist chicken with crispy skin,damn going to have to go and make it now ive thought about it!

For chicken i spatchcock it and marinade in olive oil lemon juice salt and pepper,and herb of choice,for me its oregano,cook on griddle plate with lid on and gas turned low,takes about 30 mins-delicious moist chicken with crispy skin,damn going to have to go and make it now ive thought about it!

That's a good idea then the lid doesn't touch it. Sounds lovely. ... :)