Barcelona S1 Issues..help

Lee21

I have just spent 4 weeks away in our first caravan, having only used it for a few days on two occasion previously.

I have two issues I would appreciate some help with. I have searched the Bailey section but not found any answers so I do apologise if I have missed something.

1. When on a fully serviced pitch I had problems with hot water, The heating system was not on as it was 29 deg outside and after a few minutes of running the shower the hot water started to run out even with the boost switched to on. It seemed to function slightly better on gas. There was another S1 Barcelona on a seasonal pitch across from me and the chap there said he had similar problems and I intended to ask him what the solution was but he left before I could ask. ..Could someone please help with the settings. I did put the heating on set a 30 deg on one occasion when my daughter and wife were washing there hair and had a continuous supply of hot water. I read the instruction manual section and could find no answer within the water heater section.
  2. I have a Whale Aquasource connector hose and my understanding was that when connected to the hose the pump would not run as the mains pressure was above that of the pressure switch setting. However the pump did run when running any of the taps. I had site maintenance check the pressure and it was 2bar at the tap. I stripped the water system from the back of the connector to the pump suction and removed all the pipework under the seating to check for blockages and found none other than doubling up of the O-rings on the adaptors to the 2 way valve which I removed as the lower O-ring was distorted slightly when tightened restricting the orifice slightly.
  3. I noted when I was stripping the system the inlet to the heater has a non-return valve which makes sense, but how do you drain the hot water pipework prior to putting the caravan to bed for the winter as the dump valve is before the check valve.
  4. Where is the best place to put your spirit level for levelling the caravan? The work surfaces by the sink, on opposite side or the floor? Each position gave different levelling requirements. Incidentally the lock n level system is brilliant. I bought a single and a double. I did need them both as I needed to level on the off-side on one site I visited and used the single to fit my wheel locks. Very easy to use and gives a huge lift if required. On one site I had 3 concrete blocks under the nearside rear steady two under the offside rear and the front offside corner steady lowered about an inch as the field dropped away in both planes. I think the main advantage is that the caravan is lifted loaded rather than being jacked up. I would recommend them highly as they pack away quite small and I did not need to carry a trolley jack with me

I am pretty sure when we tried out the caravan for the first time this year at Billing Aquadrome on a fully serviced pitch there were no issues with the pump running when on the mains adapter or with hot water for the shower. However that was in March and we had the heating system on as it was a bit nippy outside.

Any help with these little niggles would be appreciated. ..Thanks

Edited by Lee21

In answer to your questions

1) What was your power setting on the controller 1kw or 2kw as this affects the power going to the heating elements. 2kw giving more heat. The hot water tank in the boiler is not very big either 8. 4litres, according to alde website at a usable temp 38 deg. you'll get 15 litres.

2) I'm sure when we use ours on serviced pitches our pump still runs as the whale connector into the van has a pressure reducer.

3) When emptying raise the yellow tab and open the taps, opening the taps helps the water exit quicker and empty the pipes. However there can be a litre or two of water left in the pipework which could cause problems if it gets very cold. Some people use a floe device which used with a air pump clears the standing water out of the pipes.