Adition Flexible Led Strip Lighting Fitting Help!

Kragus27

hello all, in the quest to update my Avondale I wish to fit leds all round can somebody give some advice on how I can fit a few additional lengths of the flexible led strips to light up the counter section, is it wise to tap into the interior halogen live supply? will this have any effect on the 12v system / 240v system as so far I have only tested mine using the hookup form the house, any help would be fantastic

It's hard to give advice without knowing how your van is laid out, however;

The led strips take a very small amount of power. In general it is fine to use the existing 12v from your halogen lights. Just check they are 12v first otherwise you'll need a transformer.

You could always swap the halogen bulbs for led replacement then the total load with added led strips will most likely be lower than the halogen on its own, unless you go crazy with the led's of course :D

Edited by MonkeyMark

Just beginning our adventure. 95% of my time on CT I use my phone. As a result correct spelling and grammer will be used sparingly. This is due to fat fingers. Please don't let it bother you.

It's hard to give advice without knowing how your van is laid out, however;

The led strips take a very small amount of power. In general it is fine to use the existing 12v from your halogen lights. Just check they are 12v first otherwise you'll need a transformer.

You could always swap the halogen bulbs for led replacement then the total load with added led strips will most likely be lower than the halogen on its own, unless you go crazy with the led's of course :D

I do wish to ditch the halogens altogether, I did quickly test the wires that connect the halogens and the leds light up! really should have tested them with a multimeter first! would it be a good idear if I took some photos? as the whole set up looks very messy with some retro looking electrics!

Edited by Kragus27

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kragus27, I have just posted some pictures in the gallery of my resent fitting of LED strips to my caravan http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/gallery/album/1604-led-lighting/
It may help you, good luck.

Hi Kragus27, I have just posted some pictures in the gallery of my resent fitting of LED strips to my caravan http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/gallery/album/1604-led-lighting/

An excellent guide Digger. Well done fella!

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

An excellent guide Digger. Well done fella!

Thankyou Easy T, if it help then it was worth the effort.

nice pictures three star, I managed to get my first strip in and working over the weekend, will take a photo tonight