Jump to content

What Do You Call Them?

Recommended Posts

Is there a fancy name for those plastic strips you put under your wheels to stop the unit sinking into the ground? We need some, but not prepared to pay dealer prices. Putting plastic strips into Google brings up a million results. :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Try Caravan Grip Mats :)

Volvo XC70 D5 Auto SE Lux

Bailey Unicorn Valencia

Link to comment
Share on other sites



Can't say as I've ever seen anyone put 'plastic strips' under their wheels, except maybe when the van needs levelling side to side - but those are usually ramps or planks of wood.


Once the steadies are down (on their own pads) then the wheels are unlikely to sink.


Or do you mean those traction mats to get you off the field if it's muddy?



Link to comment
Share on other sites

We use planks of wood if ground very soft or requires levelling slightly


We have yellow traction mats in boot of car but haven't used these for siting van

Unless you've tried it, you simply won't understand. .....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...