Britanny Ferries - Winter 2014/15

Just booked my winter outward sailing to Spain. The price has gone up by £60 for the December crossing. Ah well it's only money.

Ern

If anyone wants to use my BF discount card Pm me, You are most welcome.

van Bessacar 625 towed by Mercedes M class 3. 2 cdi.

we do 6mths at home (winter) 6mths touring (summer)

Retired & loving it.--------- :D Adventure before Dementia. :P

If anyone wants to use my BF discount card Pm me,

Oh sh*t!... :( Your offer is just two hours too late. I booked my crossing for November in May (courtesy of RobJS's membership) but only today have I booked the return for March. I had to make my booking by phone because I also had a £100 discount voucher to use. (The result of winning Rob's Britanny Ferries sponsorship prize for his cycle ride.) Initially when they checked my outward booking they were going to also apply Rob's membership discount as well - but then discovered he'd used his quota. So no membership discount, but I'm well satisfied with the £100 off. ................ Maybe next year Nick.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

I had the email also this afternoon. Interesting to see they are investing hundreds of millions of pounds into the service! As usual, I'm happy to support friends on their crossings should they wish :-)

Caravanless. ...

I'm very grateful to those members who share their friends and family discount (although they do receive rewards for doing so). I have enjoyed the benefit in the past.

However I wonder if, for those planning on using the ferries more than once, it is not more cost effective to join the club and gain the ongoing benefit. I believe that the first year joining fee is £200 which may eat up most, if not all, of the discount achieved, but in subsequent years the annual fee is only £100 meaning that the substantial discount on a Spain return is well worth having, to say nothing of the discounts available on board

Apparently the C&CC are 'fining' people £75 if they don't use the club & their 7 per cent discount offer this year for the winter rally programme. They must get a fair kickback from the ferry companies to take this tack.

It might still be worth taking the magnificent offers by the Brittany benefactors on here though.

Subaru Outback 2. 0 DSE 2015, Coachman Pastiche 460/2, Lunar Ultima Extra 540,

, Pwrtouch mover, Quest Rolli awning.

Can I ask what sort of discount do you get. Considering Spain for next summer and although likely we will do Calais and drive be nice to price up options as it may enable us to get further south than we would otherwise in three weeks

Thanks !

Unless you've tried it, you simply won't understand. .....

Just booked my crossing for Jan 15 back in April 15 on Cap Finistre to Santander and back £200 cheaper than last year great deal very Happy

I paid about £830 this year, out Portsmouth - Santander 1st March. Back Bilbao - Portsmouth mid April, it would have to be quite a decent saving to accept the great offers from the guys on here, bearing in mind the £75 surcharge the C&CC will charge next year .

Next year I am thinking of travelling out early March to Santander again but I may just go one way & drive back through France to the channel again for a change.

We just paid £850 for crossing Portsmouth Santander 4x4 caravan 2 people dog friendly cabin this may seem a lot to some people but we did Caen last year and drove down to Malaga Portsmouth to Caen £400 800 miles thru France 12 hrs drive 2 fuel fill ups 2 nights stop over £250 = £650 so the difference £200 its worth the £200 not to drive thru France and over the Pyrenees in January

Edited by myone

I'm very grateful to those members who share their friends and family discount (although they do receive rewards for doing so). I have enjoyed the benefit in the past.

However I wonder if, for those planning on using the ferries more than once, it is not more cost effective to join the club and gain the ongoing benefit. I believe that the first year joining fee is £200 which may eat up most, if not all, of the discount achieved, but in subsequent years the annual fee is only £100 meaning that the substantial discount on a Spain return is well worth having, to say nothing of the discounts available on board

My advice is that usually one Spanish crossing is enough to trigger being a member for the year, even if you don't renew. Multiple crossings are a no brainer also!

Caravanless. ...

Two crossings last year 1 to Spain 1 to France with the club discount we saved £400 so this compensates for doing the long crossing to Spain

Booked Portsmouth/bilbao for the end of august this year ( booked 2 wks ago) 2 adults + dog outside 4 berth cabin.

we find them larger & more comfortable than the 2 berth. Priced at £499 with my discount £ 399 plus 4 breakfast allowances

of £ 7. 50 each plus 10% discount off dinner. plus discounts in the wine shop. Well worth it.

van Bessacar 625 towed by Mercedes M class 3. 2 cdi.

we do 6mths at home (winter) 6mths touring (summer)

Retired & loving it.--------- :D Adventure before Dementia. :P

Sorry, why are you paying a surcharge of £75 to your Club?

If you book a winter sun rally with the C&CC you get a very good price on up to 10 rallies over Spain & Portugal plus a few other sites with negotiated discounts. Up to this years brochure you could book your Brittany ferry with the cheapest deal you could find, CC, C&CC, CSMA or whatever, this year to book on the rallies you must book with C&CC & take their 7 per cent discount offer, or, book your own ferry & take a £75 surcharge hit on the total cost of your booking. It may be that the C&CC deal is the cheapest anyway but I would imagine that most people like to make their own choices & don't like to feel they are being strong armed into one direction.

After re-reading the instruction it appears to include all ferry companies . Top of page 6 in the winter sun camping brochure which you can download to read from the C&CC website.

Thankyou I understand, it's just that I've no experience of that sort of thing. We go for cheap flights to Bangkok and the train south to Trang for our own winter sun. Rally goers couldn't put up with me for long !

Thanks old Nick,

Sent you a PM

Cheers O Nick PM'd you yesterday.

Steve.

Before this topic slips into oblivion, I'd just like to say avoid ringing Britanny Ferries on their o871 number if at all possible. I did a booking with them a couple of days ago and I see the phone call added £1. 78 to my phone bill.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

Were all booked for the 31st January 2015 Portsmouth to Santander and returning on the 29th April cant wait , 3 months away from cold winter weather . B) B) B)

2022 Pilote P696GJ for European touring-  2022 Coachman VIP 565 for touring the UK towed by a 2020 Kia Sportage GT line S

Summer 2015 timetables are up now too.

David

Various vans 78-2019,  currently  Hobby Excellent 540 FU and Mercedes E220 CDI Estate

www. caravan-europe. co. uk

If anyone wants to use my BF code then drop me a pm and I will happily oblige

MM, sent you a PM ( I think ? )

Cheers Steve.