Anyone Know What Caravan This Is?

Kayak

Going through some old family photographs found this photograph. It was taken on a family holiday, in the early sixties, on our way to Whitby. The car is a Hillman Minx (with sun visor) but have not got a clue what make of caravan.

Not sure if it was a good towing match but I do know that we went up Sutton Bank with it!post-2402-0-67053800-1407223919_thumb.jpg

VW Tiguan R Line Tech and Eccles Topaz SE

It looks very similar to the caravans produced by Sam Alper and his family before Sam set up his own company to produce the Sprite range. These early ones were Alperson vans

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

Looks like a 50s van possibly one of Knotties Bluebirds . The front badge is quite distinct .

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Yep maybe Bluebird, but first impression on seeing pic was 'Willerby' . .

Roughing it . . but in comfort . .

Although they also built larger caravans, often used as statics, I think it's a Bluebird too, but if I recall, they also had a scalloped aluminium strip over the windows, not a straight one as in the picture.

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Don't know about the caravan, but I remember the Hillman Minx (series 3c). Bench front seat and handbrake next to the drivers door. Cracking car until it failed the MOT because it was full of rust!

Mike

2014 SsangYong Rexton W towing a 2017 Sprite Major 4EB. (After June 9th).

Thanks for the replies, I don't know why but Bluebird seems to ring a bell somewhere in my distant pass!

VW Tiguan R Line Tech and Eccles Topaz SE

Yep maybe Bluebird, but first impression on seeing pic was 'Willerby' . .

I thought willerby . ... the badge looks like it might be one of theirs but hard to see.

2018 Swift Elegance 580  towed by a 2018 Volvo XC60 D5 Power Pulse R Design