Sterling Eccles Sport 640 2014 - Loose Rugs!

craigyd01

Having recently purchased a 2014 Sterling Eccles Sport 640 from Glossop Caravans a couple of very minor issues came to light. Firstly, the gas 'pig tail' was not included and secondly, only one of the two loose rugs that should have been included was included.

Glossops promptly sorted the pig tail and also sent out a further loose rug, so it should have been issue sorted.

However, the loose rug they sent out was of a different colour to the original one we received with the caravan, as well as a different size.

It's taken 3 months of chasing for me now to be told that only one loose rug should have been included with the caravan and they consider the matter closed.

The official spec on the Swift web site specifies. ..

"Loose rugs and sectioned removable carpets give you the flexibility to partially, or fully, expose the French Oak vinyl flooring."

Emphasis on loose rugs i. e. more than one!

Now sick of being given the run around with Glossops - anyone know of how I can progress this with Swift direct?

Both my eldest son and friends have a 2014 Sterling Eccles Ruby and I am afraid that irrespective of how the brochure reads, they only come with one loose rug, which incidentally is one more than you get with the equivalent Swift model.

I've always found the Swift people on the Swift-talk forum to be very helpful. Try there?

John M

2017 Skoda Superb Estate 2. 0 Tdi 190; 2014 Swift Challenger 530SE + Powrtouch Evolution

though I don't deal in Sterlings personally, I'm pretty sure that they only come with one irrespective of model, though a quick e-mail or call to Swift would confirm this :)

I have a Sterling Elite and mine came with three, I think the best course of action would be to contact Swift customer services via Swift Talk as suggested.

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

If it's the long pile rugs you're talking about, I think they only come with one as standards, but there should be a full set of the "normal" carpets.

1958 Morris Minor towing 2012 Hobby Landhaus