Review: Toyota Rav4 Xt4 D4d

speedy555

You have 39 MPG as a towing figure. Are you sure of this?

John.

Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does, he'll tell you. If he doesn't, why humiliate him?

I have a 2007 model, and agree they are great towcars. I don't find that I get the same mpg as you though. Towing, a very respectable 29 mpg and solo around the 40 mpg. Never been near the 50 mark. Has yours been re-engined ? or like me are you keeping those fingers crossed that yours won't suffer from the dreaded issues this model had 2006-2009. I really love mine, had it 4 years now, even better with retro fit cruise control great when towing abroad on motorways.

Landrover Freelander 2 towing a Bailey Pegasus IV verona

• 3 weeks later...

love our xtr tows our little freedom no bother as you would expect, just home after a 200mile tow each way, brim to brim top up worked out at 34 mpg both ways, solo often well into the 40mpg, ours is a 2008 model wich we bought in 2012 with 16000 miles on clock, @ 21000 it was using excess oil, found out it had had a rebuild @11000 now with toyota 3/4 engine fitted we have covered 37000, but I still keep an eye on coolant and oil levels, our car was a Chelsea trackter, short cold trips before we got it, not ideal for a diesel.

B-A

• 2 years later...

Love my Rav4 but only hit over 40mpg on long runs not towing. Days to day driving I get 39mpg.

Not sure how anyone gets over 45mpg.

Haven't towed with it yet.

• 1 month later...

I echo what the others have said, I love this car. If looking at a 2006 to 2009 model then you must check that the engine has had the 3/4 engine change done under warranty. Had mine done at 45,000 miles and has done another 60,000 since done and has been faultless. I did a solo run to Eastbourne about 80 mile round trip and the OBC showed 50. 2 MPG. When towing my caravan the OBC shows between 28-32 MPG depending on the wind. I have been to France every year I have owned this car and that has been 7 years now and it has been faultless. (OBC on board computer.)

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4