Coachman Door Lock

June Evans

Our 2014 pastiche door lock has disintegrated, will not lock, coachman say there is no availability of parts !!!!!!!! Anyone else having any problems with this type of lock and have they managed to get satisfaction from Coachman

We had a replacement internal door handle on our 2013 model as the original plastic ones were failing. It was replaced with a metal one - well I think it's metal but it could be chrome plated plastic! Not sure if you have the same problem as you specifically mention the lock. I would pressurise the dealer - the van's under warranty.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

Sounds familiar.

We immediately took our 2014 Pastiche away to a CC site for the weekend after picking it up from the dealer back in April. The very next day we could not get the key to turn. The door would not lock and we were forced to leave it unsecured during the day. We took the van back to the dealer on the way home where use of WD40, jabbing with a screwdriver, and a master key eventually ended up with the linkage bar (that connects the barrel lock to the latch mechanism) completely shattering. It may have been this that had failed in the first place - it seemed very brittle.

We were told it would take a couple of weeks for a new lock to come in so we left the van only to be called up the next day saying it had been fixed which was a bit surprising. It turned out the dealer had replaced the linkage bar with one from another van but not replaced the barrel lock despite all the screwdriver jabbing. I wasn't happy with this but it has been ok since then.

What is your dealer's plan to remedy the problem? They can't just leave you with a broken lock! If they can't get just a lock they should fit a new door. From the pictures (2015 Coachman topic) I see that the 2015 models all seem to have doors! The 2015 VIP seems to have the same door that was on the 2014 Pastiche and VIP - so there should be no excuses.

2014 Coachman Pastiche 520/4 | 2013 Freelander 2 HSE

Once again owners and Coachman are relying on outside manufacturers for parts.

I waited 4 months for a replacement Hartal door lock assembly which I could source online within days !! It was under warranty so I wasn't prepared to pay for these parts and the caravan could still be locked anyway. This type of lock is widely used on a lot of caravans of the 2011 era.

From what I have seen the newer Pastiche's etc have less generic locks so this may be why they are harder to souce.

Land Rover Discovery Sport 180 SE Tech 2016 - Fuji White

Coachman Festival 640/6 - 2011

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

We had new Pastiche in May 2013. Door lock broke in France early June, could not close/lock for rest of Hols. Dealer attempted repair in July. Broke 2 days later. Absolutely no help from Coachman, told us they didn't speak to customers. Had to buy new van 3 days before ferry to Spain.

Hello

We had new Pastiche in May 2013. Door lock broke in France early June, could not close/lock for rest of Hols. Dealer attempted repair in July. Broke 2 days later. Absolutely no help from Coachman, told us they didn't speak to customers. Had to buy new van 3 days before ferry to Spain.

I'm guessing that you bought a new lock, not a new van?

Coachman do speak direct to customers - we had email and telephone conversations earlier in the year with Paul Stubbs, Aftercare Operations Manager. Our initial contact was made through their website's generic "Contact Us" link, but the response came direct from Paul, so don't always believe your dealer - go straight to the company! However, I must say that our dealer did get the replacement handle for us, but it did take ages, so I understand the urgency in your situation. Out of curiosity, where did you get the lock from, as it's not a common one?

Glen.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

Slightly off topic - but we had a few warranty issues with our 2013 Coachman and at one point in the saga the dealer said to us "Is this your first brand new caravan?"

"Yes" we replied

"Well they are not like cars you know" implying that caravan manufacturers had a long way to go to match the quality control levels of car makers and that we shouldn't expect everything to work!!!

This is yet another thread which proves him to be right!

• 3 weeks later...

At long last we have a locking door !!!!!!!!!! After many phone calls to coachman caravans the last one suggesting that trading standards were going to be involved and threatening caravan being taken to show in Birmingham with a poster on the door, amazingly our dealer had a telephone call later that day saying our lock would be dispatched from stock that evening . ........sure enough within 24 hours the lock was received . ... At long last we can now go away without worrying about the caravan being unsecured. ...We have always been pleased with the quality of Coachman caravans but this has sadly disillusioned us of their after- service . ......I will add that our dealer bent over backwards to help us and they are NOT coachman dealers