Security Eye Opener

Was at a dealers at the weekend. Wanted to look in a U2 Barcelona but the salesperson couldn't get the main door to unlock.

So he opened the locker to the underbed storage area, climbed in, pushed up the bed, walked to the door and opened it from the inside.

Guess who will now always check that locker is locked or internally obstructed!!

Freelander 2 chased by a 2011 Unicorn Valencia

Seen that done too. .....always make sure that door is locked. Unfortunately you cant really obstruct the door to stop access as it opens outover.

nissan xtrail tekna 173 . ....SERIES 2 UNICORN VALENCIA 2013

I'd be more worried that "the salesperson couldn't get the main door to unlock" on a new caravan!

John

Must say that when we had our fixed bed van I had a "thing" about somebody being able to open the hatch and crawl underneath the bed when we were sleeping! We eventually kept the spare wheel in the moulded tray inside, so that would have prevented easy access!

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

As I have said before, we shouldn't leave anything in our caravan that we would not leave in a tent, as unauthorised caravan access is often possible on models from various manufacturers.

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Lock or no lock, sadly it is just as easy to get into any caravan.

Edited by DeltaTIowner

The locker would be an option for a considerate thief, one that wanted to get into a caravan without doing too much damage and upsetting you ^_^

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

That is why I installed the mod below, which lets you get access to the outside stuff like blocks, pegs, wheel brace etc, but then I could leave my Lafuma recliners, TV and other items on the "inside" side.

coachmanbedboxmodificat.jpg

Edited by kiaboy

2013(13) Sorento KX2 2. 2 Diesel Manual, (With smelling clutch) Glittering Metal (Metallic Grey) dragging a 2020 Coachman VIP 520 with a Powrtouch Evolution Motor Mover (Towing @ 80. 0%) :)

1288275170_2019VIP.jpg.775f2d8ce7b26db242e04a2e77903cd0.jpg