Kampa Air Awning 390 Problems

fleetgold

I bought one of the Kampa rally air awnings in about May last year and was extremely pleased with it last year. However I got it out today for the first time this year on site in mid Wales and started to put it up. As quickly as I tried to pump it up the air rushed out. I found that about 4 of the PVC tubes which lead to the valves had perished, 1 going to 1 of the main valves had totally disintegrated, the others went to the smaller valves and had numerous holes in them. I have been left with a totally unusable awning and as away from home do not have details of supplier until I get back home.

I have had to order a new porch awning to be delivered to me on site which hopefully should arrive tomorrow at quite a cost I didn't expect to have to pay.

The awning was stored dry over the winter. I really am upset at a failure like this in a 15 month old awning and will no longer be recommending Rally Air Awnings.

Joan
Take the rough with the smooth
Elddis Supreme 540 with Kia Sedona.

I would phone Kampa as I am sure that they would wish to help, hope mine bought this year is ok!
Looks like its a known issue with early models, Kampa will help give them a call.

I have called Kampa and they say if I get on to my supplier and return via them they will fully replace the frame, which is good but it doesn't alter the fact that I have had to buy a new awning to use this holiday.

Joan

Hi Fleetgold,

I'm sorry to hear that this has happened. You should have got in contact with ourselves or your retailer while you were away and we would have sent out a replacement set to you for next day delivery. Alternatively if you are not willing to replace the tubes yourself the after sales team may have recommended you get in contact with your retailer so that we could arrange the awning to be uplifted and dealt with at our end.

If this happens to anyone else please know that this is not to be expected but if it does happen make sure to get in contact with us and we will resolve the issue for you. It does not matter if your awning is out of warranty, we want to make sure everything is spot on the way it should be.

Kind Regards,
Kampa Max

I did get in touch today, whilst away. Doing something for next day delivery was not suggested and it was made plain that nothing could be done unless I went through supplier, and details are at home which is why I have had to buy a new awning for delivery tomorrow.

I appreciate your reply but it isn't what your office offered.

Edited by fleetgold

Joan

Surely a 24 hours wait for an awning delivered onsite, if necessary, is miles better than you get from anyone else. .

Geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

I'm surprised to hear that. Being very open, our strategy on our AIR awnings is to deal with any tube issues regardless of whether the item is in warranty or not without the need to send you to your dealer.

I will bring this up with the after sales team, however I know they have been extremely busy today as a key member of their team is unfortunately away this week. Perhaps the call came too late for them to send anything out today so they asked you to go through to your retailer as the standard procedure that we would normally follow. Our couriers do come fairly early (around 3pm) unfortunately.

Kind Regards,
Kampa Max

Edited by Kampa Max

That was not what Kampa offered when I rang them, they could do nothing until I returned home in a fortnight. My awning is coming from someone else.

Joan

Ok, please send me your site address and we'll arrange for a set of tubes to be sent out tomorrow.

If the site has a camping shop / reception I'd prefer to use this for the delivery address as there will always be someone there.

Kind Regards,
Kampa Max

Could you give us the contact number for Kampa there is nothing on the website thanks.

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

Had the same problem as you had to replace mine. Have now had it back from the shop I bought it from with new tubes, cost me an extra £250 for an awning for while I was away. Have written twice to Kampa by email and still not had the courtesy to reply.