No Hot Water Flow In The Caravan

I have no hot water flow from kitchen or toilet sink, but the tap does light up.

When I set up my water from the barrel, i turn on the cold taps first till it runs.

Then switch on the hot taps, but no flow :-( the hot tank does fill up and I can feel the heat from it.

But I do have an old shower "hose" an taps, that has an will never get used in my old 1994 Compass Image.

I have have heard about doing something with an air-pump at the water inlet to pump out any "Air - blocks"

So how should I do this, it did used to work :-(

make sure heating switch is turned on, or if it is duel fuel check gas bottle opened, airlock take pump out of barrell, shake water out of it, then put it back in, making sure it reaches the bottom, then switch on pump, also when connecting up turn hot tap on first, then when water comes through, try other taps, it might help.

Welcome to the forum! Rikki and Paddi b :welcome:

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

Make sure the water heater is off until the hot taps are bled through 1st. ,

you are filling a 10-12ltr container and pushing out air. Be patient.

Then bleed the cold water through.

Thanks again gravon 42 an gumdrop, i'll try that wen ah go away. But by the time i get there, i think "eh boil the kettle or open a lager" 😊

By the way wot happens wen i click on the "tick" on the top RHS. Does that mean yoo know I like yoor post.

Bleed hot tap first furthest away from heater then the next then duplicate on the cold system.

• 2 weeks later...

You say no water is coming out of the hot water tap but the tank is hot, what water system is it? have you left it long enough for the water to fill up the tank can you here the pump working when the hot water tap is on?. I know it is a lot of questions but I had a similar problem with my first caravan it turn out to be the hot water tank was blocked at the inlet, the water system was Carver.

Just a wild stab in the dark, and I don't know if this could be the cause but if the drain valve is open the water heater tank may only start filling when the hot tap is open, and then discharging out the drain valve instead of reaching the taps.

Although you mentioned the tank getting warm, could that be just the electric element heating the tank, so the tank is dry

Compass Corona (Magnum) 524 (2003) -----------VW Passat Alltrack 170 BHP DSG