Propane 3.9Kg Alternative For Space Saving

fletch101

Odd question this! I have a very small camper van which has a twin burner hob fed by a calor propane 3. 9kg gas bottle. Works a treat. However I don't really have enough space to carry a spare 3. 9kg bottle (and another one from new is £50 with the refill). Is there any way I can carry a mini canister and connect it in case I run out and can't get a swap out until the next day. I already have a bunch of these: http://www. amazon. co. uk/Coleman-self-sealing-Propangas-cartridge-465/dp/B001P80GEG/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1407145918&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=coleman+propane+465g but see no easy way of connect them to get me out of a pickle. I wondered if there was any type of convertor so I could T into the existing pipe or just connect up to the regulator somehow.

Thanks

Might sounds silly but do you have space for a 6kg calorlite which would weigh same as one 3. 9kg propane. Obviously its bigger but contains 50% more gas for same overall weight

Only problem can be getting hold of one

Unless you've tried it, you simply won't understand. .....

You could buy a portable stove for about £12 and use that if the gas runs out, it'll put you on until you can get a your calor bottle changed.

158952_5032307673439555937023.jpgOh and welcome to the forum

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Thanks everyone. I do have a twin burner portable setup for tent camping, so maybe I should just get a small one as you said as an emergency ;-) I could get a bigger bottle but the one I have seems to last for ages, it's really just the ability to get out of a tight spot without having to leave the campsite to find another bottle.