Blocked Grill Burner

Can anyone advise how easy or difficult it is to remove the grill burner for cleaning?

We bought the caravan second-hand and have never used the grill, because the output is poor. I thought it might just be because it's Calor gas, but when I checked it again for the first time in a few years, the centre third of the burner is not lighting, so I assume it's contaminated.

The cooker is a COUNTRY LEISURE SPINFLO PRIMA model.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

The centre portion of the burner on each side is not meant to light, or at least has a very small flame that is how it is designed.

Removal of the burner is not a DIY job as it means practically dismantling the whole of the top of the oven unit.

I've just had mine done by a mobile chap who just cleaned the jet, however that made the grill smell of fumes when lit and it still wasn't any good, :( (he'd filed out the hole in the jet)

I finished up taking it to a small dealers who were Thetford approved, they replaced the burner and jet on the grill and checked out the cooker for about £100. Now it works perfect :)

They'll be doing my servicing in the future ;)

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

If there is one thing that should NEVER be done, it is enlarging the jet on a gas burning appliance.

It is very dangerous and against all the safety rules.

I would never trust any "engineer" who did that, in fact I would report them to Trading Standards.

If there is one thing that should NEVER be done, it is enlarging the jet on a gas burning appliance.

It is very dangerous and against all the safety rules.

I would never trust any "engineer" who did that, in fact I would report them to Trading Standards.

But what else has he done or missed :(

Its messing about having to take the caravan to a dealers but at least they have all the tackle, ramps etc and they are fully approved and trained.

It was the dealer who showed me the jet

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)