In Need Of A Avondale Mayfly 1993 Manual.

NornIron

Hi everyone,

I have recently acquired an Avondale Mayfly 2 berth 1993, we are hoping to get away this weekend although neither my wife or I have ever owned or used a caravan, complete novices! Here lies the problem, we do not have a manual and cannot understand how to use the water,charge the battery or empty the toilet. I was wondering if someone would have a the above mentioned manual, or a caravaning for dummies hand book!

Thanks

Hello,

I have a 1990 Mayfly which I don,t think is so different from yours, you will need an Aquaroll or something similar for your water supply ( Google for explanation ) The water pump which in behind the flip up cover next to the water heater cowl ( left side looking from the front of the van ) is placed in the full Aquaroll, check that the main switch is on and the pump switch above the cooker is on also, open the cold tap until water appears, repeat with the hot tap, this will take longer as the hot water tank needs to fill (10 ltrs ) when running smoothly it,s full,

The battery needs to be charged before using the van, the battery runs the lighting and water pump, your van should be equipped with a charger which works when on electric hook up but the battery needs some charge or nothing will work,

Make sure the toilet is closed before trying to remove the cassette which is located at the left hand rear of the van, open the door, press the plastic clip and slide out the cassette, take to the emptying point, remove the end cap while swinging the spout away from the cassette, tip up and empty while pressing the button at the top end of the tank, rinse out well and put a couple of litres of water and whatever product you are using and replace ready for reuse,

Hope this helps,

Rod.

Avondale Mayfly and Renault Scenic 1. 9tdi

Great detail, thanks for the reply Rod! I had a look at the submersible water connection and it's missing the submersible attatchment, could you advise me on the make or model number I would need or are they all standard!

Hi NornIron,
I have sent a copy of the 1994 Avondale Manual to your registered email address.

Most of the information should be the same for your 1993 model.
Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Great detail, thanks for the reply Rod! I had a look at the submersible water connection and it's missing the submersible attatchment, could you advise me on the make or model number I would need or are they all standard!

Are you missing the whole thing, pipe and pump or just the pump ?

Avondale Mayfly and Renault Scenic 1. 9tdi