ChrisUK

What is the name of the device the device to presurise the water system from a pump to blow out the water please? It plugs into the exterior water inlet, usually used for winter drain down.

Having seen how much muck was in my toilet header tank it made me wonder what is in my main pipework. We caravan many weeks each year where our water supply is from a lochen on the hill.

Chris in Warwickshire, Elddis Odyssey 482 (2008), Mitsubishi Outlander diesel, 2017

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.

I obtained tyre valve from a tyre shop cut off the bulge bit that fits in the rim on my water pump (pump end) there is a small jubilee clip that holds on the water pipe side of the blue tube, loosening this I can pull the water pipe off of the submersible pump. fit the tyre valve into this pipe & retighten the jubilee clip fit the pump to the caravan & connect a tyre pump to the tyre valve. Making sure all taps & dump valve is closed pressurise the water system to 1. 5 bar or 15 psi then open up a tap & watch the muck & water come out. repeat process for all hot& cold taps & finally for the hot water tank

That's it, thanks.

I will look in to the DIY idea again, I did try before using a spare Whale pressure reducing inlet connector and a tyre valve, but it did not work, the pressure reduction is probably too great.

Chris in Warwickshire, Elddis Odyssey 482 (2008), Mitsubishi Outlander diesel, 2017