S6 California Potential Buy

Gone

Looking for advice on potential purchase, will be buying from a dealer so wondering how people have found these ?

Gonna be a huge long term thing so want to know if they are worth the investment, never owned a bailey so no ideas on them,

Thanks

Stuart

Very good van, just traded ours in, it came out early 2009, many will say the Series 6 was the last of the well made vans from Bailey. Only problem we had with it was the Centre Window, the two panes rubbing together when towing, had it replaced to a later design and was fine. Look for cloudiness in the Centre Window just above the centre.

Ours is on the Dealers Forecourt at £11495.

Another very happy senator owner here, when we bought ours we were advised to look for any small hairline cracks on the front and rear abs panels and also where the tops of the front and rear panels join the roof section.

We bought ours last year and are very pleased with it. Came through its first service (with us) earlier this year and just needed the tyres replacing. Well equipped, well made and does everything we want it to.

Range Rover Sport 3. 0TDV6 HSE towing a Sterling Elite 560!

Thanks for the response, have always been a fan of bailey and originally fancied a carolina for the bunks, but we had a Charisma instead due to big bathroom and cheaper, then changed to a double dinnette (went through the stage of having enough of vanning with kids stage) but the boys are now wanting to sleep in the awning annexes as it gives them their 'own' rooms. With only one left we rarely make up front lounge, so thought about a fixed bed.

I like the idea of a proper bathroom, we have the mid wet room, and frankly I hate it. I am actually one of those that like to use the shower and toilet, even when on big sites, and the wife likes it too.

Usually I wouldnt dream of spending 10k on a caravan, but now feel that this type of van would see us good for years to come, and as the kids move on, we still get our own room. .....and bed.

However, the blind dividing the 2 might have to go, not sure on that lol, but the rest is superb.

The storage is superb, and where you need it, just need to convince its worth the investment lol

Another :D - our S6 California has been a great van. Plenty of space and a very comfy fixed bed. Looking to trade her in soon though :blush:

Another :D - our S6 California has been a great van. Plenty of space and a very comfy fixed bed. Looking to trade her in soon though :blush:

Really? Might be interested in matching or beating the trade in value if I cant work a deal out on this one we've seen, got a few broken bits on it so we've found.

Should have a six year warranty against damp, so still another year left as they finished them soon after we bought ours to be replaced with the Pegasus. Glad we bought ours when we did.

The cracked panels I believe was mainly on the Series 5 so you should be ok, but it won't hurt to check.

Nowt broken on mine and it has a 60 watt solar on roof, LED lights in many areas, heated mirror in bathroom, full Bailey dealer service history, no front panel issues and NO damp. Includes the Avtex TV which I know some dont.

Nowt broken on mine and it has a 60 watt solar on roof, LED lights in many areas, heated mirror in bathroom, full Bailey dealer service history, no front panel issues and NO damp. Includes the Avtex TV which I know some dont.

See now that's the kind of van I AM interested in. Buying from a dealer. ....yes you get a warranty but you never get to meet the person that's owned it,

I would be very interested if and when you look to change yours, I am in no rush, rather wait for the right one, from a loved owner, than just rush and buy the first one I see.

Stuart,

Tried to send you a PM but 'computer says no' :( - let me have some contact details and we can discuss :D

Steve

its not ours that you have looked at is it? seeing that your from kent?, we have a 09 California with a Powertouch Automatic engaging mover at £11250. 00 :)

its not ours that you have looked at is it? seeing that your from kent?, we have a 09 California with a Powertouch Automatic engaging mover at £11250. 00 :)

Hi, noo funny you say that though my parents are popping in to have a look at it for me. We are away in somerset, and wandered into the sales section, and things have gone from there. We have so far looked at about 100 vans down here (some holiday heh, but what to do when it rains) and we have tried, tried and tried all different options, but today we concluded california with wrap around seating is what we need. To us, it is a 5 berth with that big seating area, and has clearly been very thought out. Loads of storage, easy access to them normal hard to get areas, and even with us and the boys in it, it didnt feel cramped.

We could go twin axle, but we didnt feel that the gains were worth the extra weight, the one here is a 2010 for 10k, but although it has a truma SE mover, and both the wrap around and drawer unit, the towel rail in bathroom has been broken, toilet seat was broken, some bits and pieces missing, but the outside has clearly never been loved, flat paintwork all over.

Clearly points for negotiation on the price, but so far, no joy.

Hi, noo funny you say that though my parents are popping in to have a look at it for me. We are away in somerset, and wandered into the sales section, and things have gone from there. We have so far looked at about 100 vans down here (some holiday heh, but what to do when it rains) and we have tried, tried and tried all different options, but today we concluded california with wrap around seating is what we need. To us, it is a 5 berth with that big seating area, and has clearly been very thought out. Loads of storage, easy access to them normal hard to get areas, and even with us and the boys in it, it didnt feel cramped.

We could go twin axle, but we didnt feel that the gains were worth the extra weight, the one here is a 2010 for 10k, but although it has a truma SE mover, and both the wrap around and drawer unit, the towel rail in bathroom has been broken, toilet seat was broken, some bits and pieces missing, but the outside has clearly never been loved, flat paintwork all over.

Clearly points for negotiation on the price, but so far, no joy.

In fairness 10K for a 2010 model is very very cheap, though it sounds like from what your saying the price reflects the condition, the only thing that is wrong with ours really is one of the curved waldrobe doors which has bowed, but we have ordered a replacement (we had one come through but it was damaged on delivery :( ) so this will be sorted, it still has the TV with it also, as well as the Alko wheel lock, certainly worth a look :)

• 1 month later...

These are lovely caravans, we are starting a search for one too, after a short break from caravanning ( only lasted 6 months :) )

They look the perfect layout. Now just to find a well looked after one. Looked at a few in the dealers and they were filthy and really worn !

If you have owned or do own a California, are there any problems we need to check when viewing?

Thanks

Landrover Defender 110 & Bailey Almeria