Can I Make Up My Own Black Streak Remover

I usually use Fenwicks Black Streak remover which does the job admirably.

However, from time to time I have wondered if it is possible to make up a similar product at home using household products.

Has anybody tried this and was it successful?

Willerby Avonmore previous kit VW Splitty Camper,Ford Transit Camper, Commer Highwayman, Sprite Alpine Caravan, Rapids Export Folding Caravan, Fiat Autosleeper Harmony, Ci Granduca Motorhome, McLouis Glen 432 Motorhome, American RV Trail-Lite twin slide outs 8.2ltr petrol/lpg, Lunar Solaris Limited Edition Caravan.

you can use almost anything that does not contain an abrasive. WD40 is good.

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

Thanks guys.

I've been rummaging about the garage and found an old litre container of Fenwicks Motorhome Cleaner tucked away safely for the last 10 years or so.

It says on the side that you can mix up a black streak remover solution by using it in a ratio of 10:1.

Done that and put it in an old window spray cleaning bottle.

Works a treat and at that rate of dilution it should last me at least a few seasons :D

Willerby Avonmore previous kit VW Splitty Camper,Ford Transit Camper, Commer Highwayman, Sprite Alpine Caravan, Rapids Export Folding Caravan, Fiat Autosleeper Harmony, Ci Granduca Motorhome, McLouis Glen 432 Motorhome, American RV Trail-Lite twin slide outs 8.2ltr petrol/lpg, Lunar Solaris Limited Edition Caravan.

I'd recommend Mr Muscle kitchen spray - also good for taking dead flies off car and motorbike windscreens

I usually use Fenwicks Black Streak remover which does the job admirably.

However, from time to time I have wondered if it is possible to make up a similar product at home using household products.

Has anybody tried this and was it successful?

Fenwicks Caravan cleaner at a suitable dilution works

(I think thats what the black streak remover is ;) )

White vinegar seems to work ok.

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

Best thing for black streaks is throw away your black streak remover and after cleaning the van use a liquid car wax to remove the black streaks. This will have the benefit of only removing the black streak and adding to the protection of the van

Quality valeting of caravans and motorhomes www. motorhomevalet. co. uk

you can use almost anything that does not contain an abrasive. WD40 is good.

​Did hear its carcinogenic.

​Some years ago ( 1996 ) we bought a new Coachman van -- they recommended turps ( the real stuff -- not the substitute ) We found it works.

Skoda Scout 4x4 pulling a coachman Amara 520/4 at 93%---- when full!

You could just stop the streaks with a awning rail protector which stops the water running down the sides and it drips off instead . Saves time and effort .

i use one on my caravan when not in use and for a few years now as it slopes slightly one way and no streaks at all .

http://www. ebay. co. uk/itm/Blue-Diamond-Awning-Rail-Protector-12-Metre-Pack-/151364652180?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item233e094c94

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .