What A Memory!

gravon42

Went away for a few days Tuesday, and even before we went I had a niggling feeling

that I had forgotten something. :unsure: Got to site, set up caravan, got the awning out and, fed

it through the rail, put the frame in, attached the four panels, and went to peg it

down. ........no pegs!! :angry: Found a few old ones and just pegged the corners and used it

like this.

post-52060-0-38848300-1407064627_thumb.jpg

Luckily the weather was brilliant and I did not need the sides.

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

We often use our Magnum like that - gives more protection than our canopy.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

We were away all last week, never seen so many full awnings in use (obviously cuz the kids are off) but we also seem so many of the full size awning be used like that.

Hyundai Santa Fe 2. 2 Premium Auto 2010 - Sterling Eccles Moonstone 2005 - Kampa Ace Air 300 2016

I hope you told her off!

As you know, anything WE forget is their fault, anything they forget means they didn't need it anyway ;)

H.

Finding things funny since 1968 :blink:

I hope you told her off!

As you know, anything WE forget is their fault, anything they forget means they didn't need it anyway ;)

H.

Hi Honk! I think I had somebody else's wife!! She never moaned once! I bought a deaf aid yesterday! :)

We did need it. ..........she forgot the milk! :(

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

Hi Honk! I think I had somebody else's wife!! She never moaned once! I bought a deaf aid yesterday! :)

We did need it. ..........she forgot the milk! :(

what deaf aid did you buy?? i could do with one :lol:

phil

It's got an off/off switch, and at the first sign of any noise it says "yes dear"! :D:D

It's got an off/off switch, and at the first sign of any noise it says "yes dear"! :D:D

Just going off topic for a moment - there was a couple interviewed on our local news program a couple of months ago who were celebrating their 70th wedding anniversary. Both were in their early 90's. When the man was asked what was the secret to staying married for so long he replied 'well you have to remember those two most important words'

The reporter then got all doey eyed thinking those words would be 'love you' but he then said '& those two words are. ......................yes dear!!'

:D

I refer you to the Rt Hon Member for the 19th Century.....................pictured just to the left of your screen..................

• 1 month later...

I hope you told her off!

H.

A late reply to this!........but, We went away a fortnight ago. (Yes I did remember the pegs!!!) BUT. ...

SHE!!.. .......... forgot our medication!! :( :( !!

My OH's favourite saying is 'do I have to remember everything? I only ask you to remember one thing . ... and that is to write everything on the list' thankfully for him I know he's joking . ..... mmmm or is he!! ;)

Jeep Grand Cherokee S Limited

2014 Crusader Storm :D

I know how you feel, on our last outing just for the weekend we decided not to take any awning.

Only thing was I forgot to pack our nice new Isabella comfort chairs and as the weather was brilliant we had to sit inside the van most of the time.

Never mind gave me a chance to sample the mini bar :D

2017 Mercedes Benz 220 CLS  AMG design Shooting Brake. 

We have our caravan site permanently on a small site up in Durham which is a good 2 hours drive away and we'll often have to set off in a bit of a hurry on Friday evenings after my partner returns from work, when go just for the weekend.

I always have a checklist to ensure we haven't forgotten anything but on a couple of occasions I've factually forgotten to take the Caravan Keys!

Fortunately, we leave a set with the site owner and equally fortunate that he's been around to give us them when we've forgotten them but there are times when the site is closed to tourers and campers and he's away on business or holiday so now I clip them on my car keys the morning before we go just so that I don't forget them as my memory sadly seems to be getting worse as I get older. :(