Fridge Wont Light On Gas

paulfoel

Used to work but must admit rarely use it on gas. Usually we just turn it on 12v when we tow then use camp site electrics.

Trying to sell the van and true to form the person buying wanted to test the gas fridge was working and it wouldnt light.

Van is an avondale perle ulysses 1998 not sure about fridge model.

Van battery is flat though. Ignition is the manual type though isnt it? ie. doesnt need electric.

Edited by paulfoel

I think it may need 12V for the control circuit but not absolutely sure with this age of van.

However at 16 years old, it will almost certainly need a service of the ignition and burner.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

I had to use my fridge on gas for 24 hours during my last trip away. First time for using the gas facility in years. I couldn't get the pilot light to work for ages. ................................................. I'd forgotten the control knob needed to be held in for a while.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

I had to use my fridge on gas for 24 hours during my last trip away. First time for using the gas facility in years. I couldn't get the pilot light to work for ages. ................................................. I'd forgotten the control knob needed to be held in for a while.

And it takes a while of holding in the knob, for the gas to purge out the air in the pipes.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Chances are there is a pile of rust from inside the flue sitting on the burner.

Get a bit of pipe and blow the rust off.

Older fridges did not need 12v.

Ian

2018 Range Rover Sport AB,  2015 Buccaneer Cruiser.