Awning New Models

Rob-T

When do awning manufacturers introduce 2015 models? Are they similar to caravan manufacturers and bring them out around autumn of this year?

Reason I ask is I'm thinking about buying a new full awning and wondering if I should hold off till the 2015 models are out and see if I can pick up a 2014 at a discounted price. Shopped around a bit online and it seems all the dealers are quoting the same price just now. Also tried looking at used awnings but nothing suitable in the size I need.

Thanks

Rob

Hi Rob,

Most manufacturers will release information about their new awnings in September, however they will not be available in most cases until January at the earliest with March being more the norm.

As an exception, we will be releasing information on our range of 2015 awnings in late August/September with immediate availability on certain models.

Kind Regards,
Kampa Max

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rob,

Most manufacturers will release information about their new awnings in September, however they will not be available in most cases until January at the earliest with March being more the norm.

As an exception, we will be releasing information on our range of 2015 awnings in late August/September with immediate availability on certain models.

Kind Regards,

Kampa Max

Hi Kampa Max,

May I ask one question about the new pro 390 2015, is it going to allow for an annex?

I know it will be all hush hush but really hope they do.

Thanks

He could tell you but then he'd have to kill you, he's been tight lipped about anything new so far.

Loose lips deflate awnings as they say at kampa towers!

Vango are releasing one (possibly two) more sizes for their existing awnings for 2015

That probably means something around the 3. 3 - 3. 6 metre size.

Could be handy for those who find the existing awnings foul windows.

That's good to know because I'm going to see if the vango 420 will fit my ranger 470/4 2007 with flat roof tomorrow and if not at least there might be other options. I have read that the kampa 390 will fit and do like the pro but my budget was about £700 really and can only see the pro listed for 1k.

That's good to know because I'm going to see if the vango 420 will fit my ranger 470/4 2007 with flat roof tomorrow and if not at least there might be other options. I have read that the kampa 390 will fit and do like the pro but my budget was about £700 really and can only see the pro listed for 1k.

Google the Rally Air Pro, seen them at £800. 2015 models will probably be dearer, you can sometimes get a few goodies like rear poles free at the NEC Caravan Show in October if you go to that.

The 330 Rally pro will prob be the max size you could fit on a 470 ranger, available at £699, the vango 280 would be a good fit at £599, the 420 would I think be a little big on that van but could be wrong

Steve

Hi,

Thanks for the reply's, I need one that can take a inner tent and still have room for 4 chairs. The 280 will take one but be small and the kampa 330 won't take one at all. I have a feeling the 2015 models might take an annexe which will sort all my problems out. Come on kampa announce them already ;-)

I'm waiting until the Caravan show at the NEC in October, need a size 15, 3 metre deep one. Preferably a a charcoal Dorema so my tall annex will fit. I believe there are bargains to be had. Saved a whole £25 on Fiamma canopy last year from the Towsure stand. Fiamma stand next to it had no offers so bet they didn't sell many.

Well its took me 3 days to dry my bradcot full awning and I've just had a missive fight getting it in the bag. Can't wait for a nice and easy air awning :-)

Well its took me 3 days to dry my bradcot full awning and I've just had a missive fight getting it in the bag. Can't wait for a nice and easy air awning :-)

Having seen several deflated air awnings, approx 50% of those that I've seen I'm keeping well clear of them! plus they're no good for my needs, 8 months on site

Having seen several deflated air awnings, approx 50% of those that I've seen I'm keeping well clear of them! plus they're no good for my needs, 8 months on site

My kampa pro air has been up for 5 months phil without needing topping up, so there!

When do awning manufacturers introduce 2015 models? Are they similar to caravan manufacturers and bring them out around autumn of this year?

Reason I ask is I'm thinking about buying a new full awning and wondering if I should hold off till the 2015 models are out and see if I can pick up a 2014 at a discounted price. Shopped around a bit online and it seems all the dealers are quoting the same price just now. Also tried looking at used awnings but nothing suitable in the size I need.

Thanks

Rob

Just easing back on to original post as above, anyone any experiences of buying a previous year's awning at a discounted price. Looking at full awnings, not porches, not air awnings.

Thanks

Just easing back on to original post as above, anyone any experiences of buying a previous year's awning at a discounted price. Looking at full awnings, not porches, not air awnings.

Thanks

Yes, I purchased a full awning, size 15, 3 m deep, a Trio from Jeff Bowen awnings, it was listed as previous years model but didn't save that much as we bought it in October, Used it only twice then sold it, wish I hadn't as we need one now for 8 months a year from next season ::(:

Well the 390 and 420 won't fit my van so looks like the only option is the 330 pro. My only problem now is no inner tent and annexe option. Come on KampaMax give us a clue ;-)

I see Norwich camping have the 2015 model 390 pro listed for preorder but no 330, I hope there not dropping it.

Well the 390 and 420 won't fit my van so looks like the only option is the 330 pro. My only problem now is no inner tent and annexe option. Come on KampaMax give us a clue ;-)

I see Norwich camping have the 2015 model 390 pro listed for preorder but no 330, I hope there not dropping it.

Could I suggest maybe starting a specific thread regarding your air awning questions. Might get better responses that way.

Hi Rob,

Sorry I was more trying to join in with the discussion regarding new models, while we are both interested and thought rather than start a new thread it would be best keep chat together.

I'll get my coat ;-)

Edit: reading your original post again I know realise you wasn't interested in the air awning like me, sorry.

Edited by trakker1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Kampa Max,

May I ask one question about the new pro 390 2015, is it going to allow for an annex?

I know it will be all hush hush but really hope they do.

Thanks

Looks like your in luck the 2015 range was released yesterday http://www. kampa. co. uk/brochures/2015/caravanawnings2015. pdf

2008 Bailey Pageant Champagne series 6 / 2014 model Kampa Rally Pro 390 porch awning

2013 Honda CR-V SE diesel + 2005 Honda CR-V diesel Sport

Pollycotton Outwell Trout Lake tunnel tent