Leaky Lunar

terry876

Hi on our site everyone refers to lunar as being leaky I always laugh and take no notice. This was mine yesterday in a thunder storm. Service due end of month another thing on the list. post-2838-0-95307500-1407056995_thumb.jpg

Lunar Delta RS, Ford Explorer. Ford Ranger

I wouldn't wait for the service not on the matter of a water leak, they might say you should have seen them earlier to prevent further damage.

Lunar Ultima 540

Honda CRV 2. 2 Diesel

I wouldn't wait for the service not on the matter of a water leak, they might say you should have seen them earlier to prevent further damage.

I will be in to see service manager tomorrow. As to the leak having looked at the window rubber it's not touching the frame at one corner. Now covered with waterproof tape, hopefully they can get a new rubber before the service.

You should read my blog on the 564 we collected in April, leaked like a sieve from the solar panel.

Threw it back to them and held out for a replacement, had to wait till June for it though !!

What year is your Delta RS? I cannot quite make out where it is leaking.

2013 due it's first service and change of front windows end of this month. The leak is on the middle front window by the right hand catch.

We have the 2011 Delta TI and had severe damp on the front nearside by the windows, but it did not look anything like yours. Usual excuse was waiting for spares and told it would take 2 - 3 months to repair. As the caravan is on HP we leant on the finance people who put pressure on the dealer and Lunar. Still took them 6 weeks to rectify the issue!

mmmm, not sure what year yours is, but our 2011 one had 50% of the window rubbers replaced/re-sealed because they 'forgot' to use sealent when they built it!

It's in for it's third service at the moment so lets see what has to be done this time!

Chris

Lunar Quaser 546 (2011) & Kia Sedona Mitsubishi Outlander

Probably not the window rubbers. My one leaked at all 3 front windows. Traced it down to the gutter above the windows wasn't properly sealed. Dealer removed and resealed, no issues since.

Probably not the window rubbers. My one leaked at all 3 front windows. Traced it down to the gutter above the windows wasn't properly sealed. Dealer removed and resealed, no issues since.

We had the same issue with our 2011 Lunar.

We had the same issue with our 2011 Lunar.

My drive has a fair run across it for drainage, approx 2" across axle wheel to wheel, depending on which way i put it on the drive depended which side window the water came out of. so told me it wasn't the windows but something above.

Hi did it again last night in the thunderstorms water just ran in from all over don't know how long it's been going on as it runs down wall onto shelf and into gas locker so you don't see much of it. May as well have not had any windows.

We have the 2011 Delta TI and had severe damp on the front nearside by the windows, but it did not look anything like yours. Usual excuse was waiting for spares and told it would take 2 - 3 months to repair. As the caravan is on HP we leant on the finance people who put pressure on the dealer and Lunar. Still took them 6 weeks to rectify the issue!

Keep an eye on it, If its had one leak it will probably get another

• 3 weeks later...

Hi first service done today no damp any where, finally got the new front windows which they think because the old ones fit so bad had caused the leaks. Fixed remote start on alde. But brought wrong wire for load monitor so that's still to be fixed.

Just had mine in for a service 25% damp offside front side window the dealer is getting a new window rubber all should be fixed under warranty hopefully

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly I am sorry to hear about the OP's damp issues - I hope they are soon rectified.

To reassure other readers our 2011 Delta Ti just had third service - no damp anywhere (and never has been) however have had some strange liquid in the locker under the fridge? I have only found the build quality to be fantastic except for the radio CD player that is rubbish and the Heki roof struts that all had to be replaced. No other issues to report!

2020 Swift Eccles 650 towed by Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 4.4

"What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!"

Firstly I am sorry to hear about the OP's damp issues - I hope they are soon rectified.

To reassure other readers our 2011 Delta Ti just had third service - no damp anywhere (and never has been) however have had some strange liquid in the locker under the fridge? I have only found the build quality to be fantastic except for the radio CD player that is rubbish and the Heki roof struts that all had to be replaced. No other issues to report!

Hi if you read my last post at my service no damp was found. Unbelievable after the rain was running in like it did. The only replacement parts were the front windows, I am very satisfied with the van the build quality far out ways any other van I have had.

Terry.

What locker under the fridge? We have the big double door fridge and no locker under it.

What locker under the fridge? We have the big double door fridge and no locker under it.

We have the same big double fridge with a small locker under. Because of the wheel arch the fridge cannot sit on the floor. So on ours we have a door and a small locker underneath.

We have the same big double fridge with a small locker under. Because of the wheel arch the fridge cannot sit on the floor. So on ours we have a door and a small locker underneath.

I was querying Madasmad who's Dewlta TI is the same year as ours. Not sure about the 2013 RS.

• 2 weeks later...

I was querying Madasmad who's Dewlta TI is the same year as ours. Not sure about the 2013 RS.

I'm sorry I meant the locker under the wardrobe.

2020 Swift Eccles 650 towed by Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 4.4

"What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!"