Calor Gas Isn’T Happy With Another Company Using Its Bottles

Doosan

Flogas has been caught refilling Calor Gas bottles.

https://uk. news. yahoo. com/calor-gas-isn-t-happy-another-company-using-120118433. html#kTyFSgU

Edited by doosan

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

What did they expect at the charges that Calor levy to refill a 6kg cylinder. For the same price Calor charge I can almost fill my 10kg Safefill bottle twice from empty!

Not quite that simple as it appears and Irish companies are involved.

Two subsidiaries of Flogas Ireland are included in the proceedings and

a separate case was taken against Southern Bottled Gas Distribution, an authorised filler and distributor of Flogas

What did they expect at the charges that Calor levy to refill a 6kg cylinder.

Calor 6kg propane is about £3. 50 dearer than Flogas 6kg propane in the UK.

Discuss. .........What advantage would there be to Flogas in filling bottles owned by competitors?

Calor 6kg propane is about £3. 50 dearer than Flogas 6kg propane in the UK.

Discuss. .........What advantage would there be to Flogas in filling bottles owned by competitors?

When travelling through UK, France, Spain & Portugal I have found that Calor is alone in swapping empty for full.

There seems to be a lack of competition issue.

I feel that the EU could intervene to the consumer's advantage.

The 16 amp EHU has solved the electricity problem, a follow through with gas is something that I would welcome.

Filling gas bottles clearly MUST be done properly. But some people travel with more than one make of bottle, to avoid Calor charging

David

Swizz

I thought Calor was UK only - which is why some people get alternative bottles for the continent ?

Land Rover is now back towing.

we always travel with 2 full calor bottles & a Spanish bottle bought many years ago. Used twice. Its a good

backup though & can be exchanged anywhere in spain for about 15 euros.

van Bessacar 625 towed by Mercedes M class 3. 2 cdi.

we do 6mths at home (winter) 6mths touring (summer)

Retired & loving it.--------- :D Adventure before Dementia. :P

According to the below it appears to be illegal to refill gas bottles at an LPG filling station!

La réglementation française interdit formellement le remplissage de bouteilles à partir d'une station de distribution de GPL carburant.
(Voir arrêté du 30 août 2010 - article 4. 5 de l'annexe I "Prescriptions générales et faisant l'objet du contrôle périodique applicables aux installations classées soumises à déclaration sous la rubrique n°1414-3")

knarf

Which Google translates as

French regulations prohibited filling bottles from a station of LPG fuel.

(See Order of August 30, 2010 - section 4. 5 of Annex I "General requirements and subject of periodic inspection applicable to classified installations subject to declaration under n ° 1414-3")

The actual link needs to be read! It's the French version of 'H&S' regulations regarding the operation of a service station selling LPG.

There is reference to refilling of FIXED tanks in vehicles, boats and aircraft(!).

And refilling portable containers is forbidden

l’interdiction de remplir des réservoirs mobiles ;

Edited by beejay

I know that when you fill a car with LPG it only fills 80% and then shuts off so the tank isn't full for safety reasons.

If you try to fill a gas bottle at the pump you could fill it to much and blow the gun out and that is not good, also with bottle too full there would be no room for expansion. :o

I know that when you fill a car with LPG it only fills 80% and then shuts off so the tank isn't full for safety reasons.

If you try to fill a gas bottle at the pump you could fill it to much and blow the gun out and that is not good, also with bottle too full there would be no room for expansion. :o

Not a problem with a Safefill bottle.

Not a problem with a Safefill bottle.

As I understand it the Safefill bottle must be fixed in the caravan and can only filled by pulling up to the pump with the caravan and filling by the connection on the side of the van. Is this correct?

As I understand it the Safefill bottle must be fixed in the caravan and can only filled by pulling up to the pump with the caravan and filling by the connection on the side of the van. Is this correct?

It is a loose 10kg bottle which can be removed from the caravan, but you can take it to an Autogas outlet and fill it yourself if they allow you. We have one, but we have only filled it up twice with the last refill costing us just over £8. Shock, horror! :D