Bailey Pursuit Orange Side Lights

championi

Parked up during the week to find that the 3 orange side lights on the nearside were quite loose as the double sided adhesive seemed to be failing . ..strange thing was offside all seem fine. .

Have repaired with new stronger pads. ..

• 2 weeks later...

Just noticed exactly the same on mine - two near side marker lights are nearly hanging off - but the off side lights are all secure. How bizarre! Will fix them over the weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just found the same problem with my 530 pursuit three on the near side covers hanging down,when in storage that side faces the sun I think that's the problem waiting for replacements. But I have also many other problems. Will post later

I have just found the same problem with my 530 pursuit three on the near side covers hanging down,when in storage that side faces the sun I think that's the problem waiting for replacements. But I have also many other problems. Will post later

A good bit of deduction - it's also the near side that faces the sun on my Pursuit & it's that side where the side marker lights have detached!

I didn't have time to take my caravan in, so my dealer provided numerous sticky pads to reattach the loose lights. They can do a more professional job when they take the caravan in.

Other than that I have only really had one other problem - although a potentially serious one. When we arrived on site one weekend we couldn't open the door - the latch didn't clear the strike plate and we were 'locked' out of the caravan. After 20 mins of fiddling we called the dealer & they said the strike plates do move occasionally and you can open it but it will need prising open with force!!! We tried that but it didn't budge - & we were becoming worried about potential damage. Then I noticed you could see the catch and strike plate as the door opened partially - so two mins later we had it open by sliding a credit card in to push the catch back further than I could with the handle. Phew - we did think we were going to have to turn around a go home for a while. So if it happens to you then don't force it - insert a knife or card to push back the latch - easy.

I did visit Lady Bailey caravans to view the Pursuit when the first arrived. A couple of the display Pursuits had doors that wouldn't open just like mine! I never thought much of it until mine also got stuck. So beware - there might be a problem with the door mechanism. Mine did get stuck again that trip but we knew what to do - but it hasn't happened since. I have wondered why - perhaps I had stored it with the chassis twisted with uneven feet, but I'm usually carefully about that. Or perhaps the sun had expanded that side of the caravan panels pushing on the door frame - the grey sides do get slightly warmer but we've had plenty of sunny days since with no problems. However, I suspect it's a fault with the handle/ door assembly as the strike plate was secure but the catch wouldn't clear it using the outside handle. I'll get the dealer to check it at the first service, but we are not concerned now as we know how to release the door - but if we hadn't we would have been well and truely stuck!

Just noticed exactly the same on mine - two near side marker lights are nearly hanging off - but the off side lights are all secure. How bizarre! Will fix them over the weekend.

Just checked mine! One on the near side is nearly hanging off! When it dries up I will glue it back!

Paul

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

Ive stuck mine back on with heavy duty small double sided squares from sellotape. ..and its been through wind rain and sun and they are still ok

Need to check my door when I pick it up next week from storage . ..cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Same here on our new Pursuit 560/5. ..

Nice theory about the sun affecting the glue, but our near side doesn't face the sun, and surely others don't either. So it can't be that. ..

I initially had thought our two year old had been picking at it. But since just about everyone else has the same problem, it can't be him either. ..

I can't be bothered to take it back to the dealer for such a trifling matter so will reattach using double sided tape.

Other than that, we have had almost no problems, just back from our second trip of the summer to Holland and we reckon the Pursuit rocks!

• 1 month later...

Have been told by Bailey that these sticky tape lights are no longer fitted any more and that the screwed on type are now being fitted to new models. With this in mind then and after driving down the motorway with one flapping in the wind I had mine changed to the screw on type under warranty.

Its really strange thats its offside only

Ive tried to think of loads of theorys. ...

Puddles at kerbs splashing up ?

the way its parked up ?

etc

but nothing makes sense. ...my offside ones are firm

My near side ones are loose! Off side ok!

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!