Kampa Rally Rear Upright Poles

JdDerek

Hi all.

I am just about to order the Kampa Rally 330 and noticed in the additional extras rear upright poles.

How important are these to the awning ??

I have noticed that on all the images of the awning they are being used but surely if it was something needed as compulsory then it wouldn't be an additional extra ??

Many Thanks

Derek + Sharon

Hi Derek & Sharon, when we purchased our Kampa Rally awning we tried the awning without the rear upright poles, the only way the awning at the rear is secured is on the skirt at the base and on the top via the caravan awning rail, when the wind got up, we found that the awning bellowed out, it was suggested we purchase the rear poles and to be honest, we would not do without them. ....hope this helps

Ian

Hello Derek &Sharon, I have to agree with Ian, we purchased a Kampa Rally 200 (brilliant) however, we had to purchase the rear poles, and thank goodness we did we had two weeks in Devon close to the coast and the wind blew thru the CL if we didn't have the rear poles we would have had problems. Same about the monsoon poles you really need them.

Discovery 4 & Lunar Clubman SB.         Sailing close to the wind

Thank you both for the info . ....

I will order the additional poles at the same time.

I have the upright poles and I think you do need them but I do think they are of poor quality.

I have only used them a handful of times and both are damaged, springs inside have snapped on one pole and springs had to be stretched to secure the pole in the other. I can still use them in their present condition but just makes putting them in place a bit more fiddly.

Kia Sorento KX-2 Auto - Bailey Pegasus GT65 Ancona

I have used them in strong winds but wouldn't rely on them for keeping my awning intact.

I have also got on WITHOUT them in slight wind and rain, but I also had the awning pegged down well underneath the caravan.

Always carry them with me though.

Hyundai Santa Fe 2. 2 Premium Auto 2010 - Sterling Eccles Moonstone 2005 - Kampa Ace Air 300 2016