Thetford 260 Toilet Seized

OLD NICK

Can anyone help. The thetford toilet has completely seized up,ie the slide across handle

will not move in either direction. Also the cassette cannot be moved either in or out.

Does anyone have any ideas ?.

van Bessacar 625 towed by Mercedes M class 3. 2 cdi.

we do 6mths at home (winter) 6mths touring (summer)

Retired & loving it.--------- :D Adventure before Dementia. :P

Can I suggest that you have put the cassette back with the top open which has now jammed it. Only way is to try and move the opener on the top with a thin piece of wood or metal so that it is level with slider.

Sadly no van anymore but 35 years was a good run

John

Is the blade properly closed or is it ajar or open?

If it is properly closed, then getting one person the agitate the flap opening control whilst another agitates the cassette in and outwards a fraction itself, might help. Whatever you do, don't put undue strain on things and until the blade is firmly close attempt to remove the cassette.

Thank you for your replies, JTQ the flap is wide open.

I had this happen a few weeks ago and have never had it before in all the years. I got the sharpest and longest screwdriver i had and forced it downwards to dig in the plastic blade and kept levering it over a bit at a time until shut . Until it is right closed it cannot slide out of slot of actuator. What i found was that the mechanism had jumped teeth as there is a toothed segment which turns a gear. It is made of white plastic a seems very flimsy, i don't know whether they have economised on plastic but i have had several vans with this mechanism with never a problem

Swift Archway Ruby.   Santa Fe Auto

Thanks for that Birdman. Like you after over 20 yrs of vanning I am now on my 4th Bessacar (this is the 1st one made by swift)

& this is the 1st time I have encountered this problem.

I believe that the toilet has a 3 yr warranty if this is the case then I will get them to do it.

'Toilet Seized' by Old Nick!

Had visions of it being full of contraband!

Sam :beardy: