How Long To Start Getting Cold On Gas?

fatgit

We have an Electrolux RM212 (I think) in our'92 Lunar Conquest.

It works fine on 240v bit up until now we have never tried out on gas but want to start rallying and using THS's.

Today, we went over to the storage yard and tried the fridge. It lights and status lit, but after 15mins or so it didn't seem any cooler, so I wondered how long it should take to start cooling?

The caravan isn't particularly level in storage, so would that affect it too?

We will get it serviced before going without EHU, but the more bits I can sort first myself the better.

Cheers for any replies.

Hi, Fifteen minutes isn't long enough, around two hours to get down to temperature, i would certainly get it serviced if it has,t been used on gas for some time, also needs to be level, please be aware the fridge is 22 years old so it's past it's prime so the performance may be compromised.

Skegness 'The Sunnier Side of Britain'

In 15 minutes the internal cooling plate\tube should be noticeably cold; I doubt you will sense the enclosure itself to be any cooler.

That it works on EHU means the fridge itself is fine and if not working on gas then it is a gas only issue. Burner not lit or staying lit, gas supply shut off etc etc.

As said by JTQ the fridge itself should work as the only difference is the heat source 240v electric element or gas flame .

i would give it a hour at least but the gas being alight is no indication as it could have a part blocked jet which effects the cooling or soot falls down the chimney and covers the flame. .

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

It does stay lit. I'll try and run it for longer and see how it goes - I was using my hand on the metal plate in the freezer compartment to test (not the most scientific method).

If it's a blocked jet, I assume that's a job for only qualified engineers?

Thanks.

If it's a blocked jet, I assume that's a job for only qualified engineers? .

Yes, but if you've not used it on gas for a while then you should have an engineer service it regardless as previously posted.

I had a similar with mine, after a lot of Googling and cleaning I noticed that it works fine if I don't turn the thermostat higher than 3 (between off and half on the scale) I don't know why but as long as I keep it less than half it work fine! It still works as well as expected and hasn't been a problem since. Give it a go, after 20mins the cooling fins on mine are cold to the touch

Regards,

Kevin

Honda F-RV towing 1999 Bailey Senator Montana

Thanks everyone for the advice.

We went to see about servicing and came out with another caravan :o 1993 Elddis Hurricane GT with all appliances guaranteed working, Isabella awning and Annex.

Cost a bit more than the servicing but at least the wife is happy that she's got an end washroom.

We went to see about servicing and came out with another caravan :o

You're not the first. :)

We went to look at chairs and bought a new van ;)

Tony