Kampa Rally

JdDerek

Hi all.

There might be a very obvious answer to this question but what is the difference between the Kampa Rally and the Kampa Rally Club ??

I'm looking at getting a Kampa Rally 260 or 320 but as yet am uncertain of which style.

The difference between the Rally and Rally pro is obvious with the pro being stronger and having a higher weather shield but I can't see any difference between the Rally and the Rally Club but I'm most likely missing something very simple ??

Many Thanks

Derek + Sharon

Adjustable front legs with clamp system
Quick and easy set-up - no long pole sleeves
Improved headroom over other designs - due to more upright front wall
Roll to the side front panels with veranda feature
Roll up centre panel (330 & 390 only)
Internal window blinds
Hanging rail ready

Additional features of the club, we havent got one we were looking at them purely for the integrated windbreak enclosure but our dogs are chihuahuas and it looks like the gap at the bottom is too big.

The main difference between the two awnings is the front panel configuration.

On the Rally the front panels roll up.

On the Rally Club the front side panels roll to the side and any centre panels roll up. This allows for a veranda window to be created on the side panels.

The Club configuration is what you will find across the rest of our range as well excluding the standard Rally.

Other differences include accessories such as the hanging rail being suitable for it as well as the availability of a 330 size.

Kind Regards
Kampa Max

We have a 390 club - the side two windows on the 390 being able to half open is nice

Need to get a rail as you cam use for hamging lightweight wet stuff if weather is poor

Unless you've tried it, you simply won't understand. .....

Thank you all for the replies. .....

In the end we have decided on the 330 pro and will be collecting it tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to test driving it this week.

Derek + Sharon

I had a new 330 pro last year, you won't be disappointed.

Hyundai Santa Fe 2. 2 Premium Auto 2010 - Sterling Eccles Moonstone 2005 - Kampa Ace Air 300 2016

Thank you all for the replies. .....

In the end we have decided on the 330 pro and will be collecting it tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to test driving it this week.

Derek + Sharon

Great choice! Let us know how you get on.

I just this lunchtime bought the Rally Pro 330. I very nearly got the 330 Plus as the annexe arrangement looked suitable for our needs but if the annexe is not required you cannot use the front of the awning as a doorway, only the rear.

The Pro was very similar to the Rally but the quality of the fabric was much better for £100 more. I thought it would be worth it as we use it during the winter. I paid £399 with free rear poles and monsoon poles which I thought was a good deal, from Altas leisure in Stoke on Trent. I have a Unicorn Seville so the 330 will not obscure the front window whereas the 390, which I also considered, would

Read my caravan exploits at philelks_dot_com

The Test drive of our Rally 330 Pro was Fantastic . ...

What a great Awning, highly recommended to everyone.

We purchased all the extras at the same time and am glad we did. I can't really see the awning functioning properly without the rear poles and to be honest I feel that they should come with the awning as standard.

Despite being warned that until it is weathered a few times there is a chance of leakage it remained fully dry during an hour of extremely heavy rain.

Camped next door to us was someone with a Rally 330 and the difference in quality of the material looked massive so if you can afford a few extra pounds to get the pro you won't be disappointed.

Derek + Sharon

Camped next door to us was someone with a Rally 330 and the difference in quality of the material looked massive so if you can afford a few extra pounds to get the pro you won't be disappointed.

Derek + Sharon

But it all depends on what you want out of an awning. We've just bought a Rally 330 Club and having used it once over a very wet long weekend, we are very pleased with our choice. We don't use an awning much - a sunshade when we're abroad and the awning in this country usually only when we have the grandchildren with us, so we want something that packs fairly small, weighs as little as possible and is relatively cheap. The standard Rally Club ticks those boxes for us and, despite the lighter material, it is still very good quality - especially compared to the Sunncamp 390 that it replaced (which is now for sale - just too long for this caravan).

I should add that we bought the awning from Camperlands and were initially disappointed that the extra rear poles had one clamping screw missing, the tie-down kit had very flimsy pegs and a guy-rope snapped for no apparent reason. I emailed Camperlands about these problems and they sent, by return of post, 2 clamping screws, 3 spare guys and 2 pairs of substantial pegs with an apology for the inconvenience. Not only an impressive awning but fantastic service from the Kampa dealer.

John M

2017 Skoda Superb Estate 2. 0 Tdi 190; 2014 Swift Challenger 530SE + Powrtouch Evolution

The flimsy pegs that come with new awnings are usually quite useless. We use rock pegs all the time. Plus I have a supply of guy rope and the clever plastic lock things as spares. We also have the proper Kampa storm straps that clip in and a couple of Delta pegs that keep them in place. Plus we use an Isabella awning stop - the thing that fits in the awning rail and screws up tight - this means the awning can't slide sideways. We leave the rear one in permanently so when threading it through it stops in the right place. We put the other one in afterwards.

We have the standard Kampa Rally with the rear and monsoon poles. The Pro will be heavier as the material is thicker.

Edited by Shirl250

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

The flimsy pegs that come with new awnings are usually quite useless. We use rock pegs all the time. Plus I have a supply of guy rope and the clever plastic lock things as spares. We also have the proper Kampa storm straps that clip in and a couple of Delta pegs that keep them in place. Plus we use an Isabella awning stop - the thing that fits in the awning rail and screws up tight - this means the awning can't slide sideways. We leave the rear one in permanently so when threading it through it stops in the right place. We put the other one in afterwards.

We have the standard Kampa Rally with the rear and monsoon poles. The Pro will be heavier as the material is thicker.

Pretty much exactly what we do with ours right down to the deltas.

I have stopped using an awning rail stop though as left one in and the corrosion in a few weeks was worrying (aluminium and steel cause a chemical reaction that will damage the softer material - google galvanic corrosion! )

Also looked ta the Pro models at the time and the £100+ extra for same model wasn't justified for us, but they are a nice looking price of kit

Unless you've tried it, you simply won't understand. .....