New Water Heater Tank Question

coolrunner

i have just fitted a new hot water heater tank,problem is when i turn on the hot tap the hot eater comes out in spurts,i have noticed that the light on the water switch goes on and off the same time as the spurts of water,i have a water pressure switch and was wondering if this needs adjusting and if it will affect the cold water tap ( would it still turn the pump off when i turn the cold water tap off ??

Sounds like the spurting is air in the pipes, as for the light going on and off can't help you there.

Is the drain properly closed, have you bled the hot and cold lines fully,

how does it work if you don't turn the heater on. Is your battery charged 12. 8v

Remember you are filling a 10ltr. container. set your tap to hot (if it is a mixer type)

fill your aquaroll or tank turn on the pump. Air/ water mix will cough out of the tap,

leave it until you have a steady flow then close the tap repeat for the next hot water tap,

then do the same for the cold water. Check the water level in the aquaroll or tank, refill

if necessary. Only then put your heater on, when it has been on for twenty minutes or so

run your hot water. What happens now?

i wont be using it for 2 weeks (its kept in storage so cant try it out yet,i will let you know how it goes many thanks

Sound like the light is a 'pump running' light and is pumping/stopping in response to a pressure switch signal.

So I'd agree with your own assessment that it needs adjusting.

Water, when heated, creates added pressure and can spurt and splutter a little for the first opening of the tap, but not usually after that. .. but it is quite common for air to be drawn in if the inlet is not properly under water or in through a poor seal on the caravan connection point (new o-rings or a smear of silicon grease / olive oil may effect a better seal. Worth checking that out and clearing any air locks before the pressure switch adjusting!!

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.