Bailey Wheel Arch Liners

windowwatcher

Hi

During a service this year damp was recorded around the wheel arches of our Pegasus 524. Thanks to Bailey's warranty the arch liners were replaced on both sides.

The technician was telling me that they seem to have quite a few Baileys with this problem but that Swifts didn't seem to suffer the same amount of cracked liners.

Anyway after returning from our recent trip to Southport (our first trip since the service) we decided to check under the arches as we'd had to travel along a recently re-surfaced road.

Boy were we shocked, the liners felt little thicker than plastic bags, in fact bike mudguards we'd been looking at for our grandson in Poundland felt 10 times more durable.

We thought liners would have been manufactured to be far more durable, especially at the price.

Fine for deflecting water but stones at speed?

Perhaps we're missing something. ....................................................

Hi

During a service this year damp was recorded around the wheel arches of our Pegasus 524. Thanks to Bailey's warranty the arch liners were replaced on both sides.

The technician was telling me that they seem to have quite a few Baileys with this problem but that Swifts didn't seem to suffer the same amount of cracked liners.

Anyway after returning from our recent trip to Southport (our first trip since the service) we decided to check under the arches as we'd had to travel along a recently re-surfaced road.

Boy were we shocked, the liners felt little thicker than plastic bags, in fact bike mudguards we'd been looking at for our grandson in Poundland felt 10 times more durable.

We thought liners would have been manufactured to be far more durable, especially at the price.

Fine for deflecting water but stones at speed?

Perhaps we're missing something. ....................................................

I think there may be a market in spraying the liners on the wheel arches with SpeedCoat :o

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

I have a cracked liner on an Orion at the moment, they seem to be quite solid around the lower edge where is fixes to the caravan floor then seem to get thinner and thinner the higher up you go, feeling no thicker than the lid of a plastic ice cream carton, but I think this might help actually, I see on mine the cracks form from the staple locations where the thick edge is fixed to the underside then spread up about 3-4 inches until the material gets softer, it's as if too much stress is put into the thick part during production.

So I am thinking if a stone hits the flexible material it won't shatter just absorb the impact. .