B&b Chassis Hub/drum (C.1965 Castle Rowena)

Hi

New here!

We've just purchased a classic Castleton caravan, possibly a Rowena from about 1965. It's lovely and has been restored.

post-69031-0-28739900-1406925173_thumb.jpg post-69031-0-12418900-1406925184_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately, one of the hubs/drums is damaged and we're struggling to find a replacement. The hub is 5 stud which seems fairly rare. I've rung around most of the breakers to no avail. Please can anyone help?

post-69031-0-85869500-1406925191_thumb.jpg

Any ideas would be most welcome as we're desperate to use it this summer!!

Many thanks

Nice caravan! Love old ones! Sorry can't help with the hub other than suggest ebay / Breakers or caravans to uplift, only thing is some of them want you to lift the whole caravan!

Maybe not of any use but this is my 1974 caravan chassis and my previous one http://www. thomson-caravans. co. uk/advice/maintenance/pdf/bbhandbookchassis72-83. pdf

Compass Shadow 1988

Thanks! Might have a lead - will post an update if something comes of it. .....

Slinden Services Ltd carry out cast welding and metal stitching on classic vehicle castings .

Or

Cast iron welding services ltd.

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

That hub probably would not have been made specifically for that caravan and was probably shared with a motor vehicle of the same era. Try contacting people who deal with classic cars and you may have some luck.

If I recall correctly when we had an Ace Ambassador back in the 70's that had a 5 stud hub and we had a wheel stolen. I found a replacement at a breakers yard off a Bedford van!

Unfortunately, one of the hubs/drums is damaged and we're struggling to find a replacement. The hub is 5 stud which seems fairly rare. I've rung around most of the breakers to no avail. Please can anyone help?

attachicon.gifB&B Hub 1 (low res).JPG

Any ideas would be most welcome as we're desperate to use it this summer!!

Many thanks

As the photo shows it is a B&B hub specifically made for B&B trailers who were taken over by AlKo.

History of the company here

http://www. thomson-caravans. co. uk/advice/chassis/alkoukhistory. htm

Edited by beejay
  • 5 years later...