Caravan Window Fallen Out!

We are on a site in south of France and friends on site have arrived with a new Coachman van. The weather here is very hot and their back window has fallen out apparently the heat has melted the sealant holding this in place. They have rung UK and spoke to somebody where they purchased it fro but they were not helpful. They understand that they will have to take it in when they get home but what to do in the meantime that will make it safe for travelling as well as secure on a site.

Any ideas anyone please? Gaffer tape?

Bergamo

I'd take the window out, scrape the old sealant off, go to the nearest local caravan showroom (Narbonne accessories are very good - they have loads of branches throughout France) and buy some proper sealant and have a go at putting it back in place. Either that or take the caravan in to a local dealer and ask if they can do a temporary repair to enable your friends to feel safe during their holiday.

No no no apparently this is a problem with some 2014 vans and Coachman know about it

Apparently the arms and catches will secure the window in place.

See the coachman forum on this site for further info

I'd take the window out, scrape the old sealant off, go to the nearest local caravan showroom (Narbonne accessories are very good - they have loads of branches throughout France) and buy some proper sealant and have a go at putting it back in place. Either that or take the caravan in to a local dealer and ask if they can do a temporary repair to enable your friends to feel safe during their holiday.

Don't just look for a caravan dealer, any motorhome dealer should look kindly on your friends, though it is now August many service units will be closed or very short staffed.

No no no apparently this is a problem with some 2014 vans and Coachman know about it

Apparently the arms and catches will secure the window in place.

See the coachman forum on this site for further info

That's fair enough, if you're in this country, with the van sitting on your drive, but the OP's friend needs to feel secure on site in France, in his caravan, for the next couple of weeks as well as having to tow it a fair old mileage back home. I would have thought that if the arms and catches hold the window in place, he would already know that and wouldn't be asking for other fixes.

If you can do it on the inside, but it would be a bit of a give-away that something is wrong, if it was stuck on outside.

If you can push the window back in & close it up it will not move when traveling, had the same happen to us. I done a repair this year with a glue/ sealant that I bought in a French supermarket and it has worked well up to 36 degrees in the sun. I think it was called Hoopers (bought it because it was on offer)

Now living in Haute Vienne France

I had the same problem in the south of France. ...I fastened the window closed and put gaffertape across the top to keep out water should it have rained. Dealer fixed it on my return home.

Trevor.

We had some idiot scrape scaffolding all down the side of our new van on its maiden voyage to France a while ago.

It damaged two window. I bought some good quality gaffer tape and sealed all round the windows and across the cracked bits too.

It looked odd but never budged and lasted a couple of months at home too whilst waiting for the full repairs.