Camping Aux Champs, Hambye

Anyone visited this little adult only site, everything I read about it seems too good to be true.

Thanks Dave

It's probably absolutely delightful, but wouldn't be our thing. We like sites with a mix of nationalities and age groups, and at the times we holiday it's rare to see more than just a few children (usually well behaved anyway) so I wouldn't want to do 'adults only'. It's a very British concept, and that suggests the site may be used mostly by Brits. Nothing wrong with that, if you like it, and lots of people do, but it wouldn't suit us.

• 2 weeks later...

It's probably absolutely delightful, but wouldn't be our thing. We like sites with a mix of nationalities and age groups, and at the times we holiday it's rare to see more than just a few children (usually well behaved anyway) so I wouldn't want to do 'adults only'. It's a very British concept, and that suggests the site may be used mostly by Brits. Nothing wrong with that, if you like it, and lots of people do, but it wouldn't suit us.

I understand Val but we are arriving 25th Aug and after a really bad experience last year with three completely out of control kids (from Belgium) and parents who could not care less, we figured to play safe until the little darlings are back at school. Otherwise we prefer multi national. My French, German and Italian is good (I use to live in Switzerland) but I am normally surrounded by Dutch, whom I really like but not their language !!

Anyone visited this little adult only site, everything I read about it seems too good to be true.

Thanks Dave

we have been there three times, it is like an English cl site, adults only, English owned, and stunning shower rooms and toilets, I would thoroughly recommend it

kia sorento kx3 pulling bailey barcelona u2, very well

Why?

I've seen CL's in fields of long wet grass, CL's with goose droppings spread around, CL's decorated with abandoned rusting farm machinery, CL's where there was a stinking cess pit covered with a large iron lid and a multi purpose tap alongside, CL's without decent twenty first century facilities, and above all CL's absolutely in the middle of nowhere.

I'm sure the one in Hamblye is nothing like that, but Hamblye isn't high on my list of holiday destinations.

Why?

I've seen CL's in fields of long wet grass, CL's with goose droppings spread around, CL's decorated with abandoned rusting farm machinery, CL's where there was a stinking cess pit covered with a large iron lid and a multi purpose tap alongside, CL's without decent twenty first century facilities, and above all CL's absolutely in the middle of nowhere.

I'm sure the one in Hamblye is nothing like that, but Hamblye isn't high on my list of holiday destinations.

each to their own, but you must have been to a lot of cls to have seen all that lot, perhaps you should have given up c l s sooner, I personally quite like them, much better than regimented club sites with all the facilities and no warmth

Davecher asked for advice about a site, why all the negative responses? If you've got no first hand experience of a site that a poster has asked about, please keep your negative thoughts to yourself, you not only give a bad impression of caravanners but you also make yourselves out as complete grumps!

Davecher have a great holiday.

Volvo XC60 D5 AWD AUTO. Lunar Lexon 570

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

2 x darling grandaughters and her

Davecher asked for advice about a site, why all the negative responses? If you've got no first hand experience of a site that a poster has asked about, please keep your negative thoughts to yourself, you not only give a bad impression of caravanners but you also make yourselves out as complete grumps!

splendid post !!!!!!!

splendid post !!!!!!!

splendid post !!!!!!!

:goodpost::goodpost::P

van Bessacar 625 towed by Mercedes M class 3. 2 cdi.

we do 6mths at home (winter) 6mths touring (summer)

Retired & loving it.--------- :D Adventure before Dementia. :P

Thank you all for positive advice and for those with no experience of my post and negative, all I can think is that you must lead a very sad life.

Thank you all for positive advice and for those with no experience of my post and negative, all I can think is that you must lead a very sad life.

even more splendid post!!!!!!