I Saw This !

Malc Edge

I swear this is true,I saw it and heard it !!

When waiting to board the ferry recently I was waiting behind a very posh very expensive van and 4x4.

The lady was going around the caravan talking into a two way radio to her partener sat in the drivers seat.

She reported to him via the radio that all legs were wound up,each leg checked,all windows were shut all was checked as ok.

Now that impressed me lots !!

Best pre flight check I ever heard.

May be on my Christmas list to get a two way radio,could even use it in the supermarket to find lost wife :o

what a great idea. ...a bit ott maybe but I like it!

I've seen the same when reversing into a spot only this time it was mobile phones being used. Some people must have very good contracts.

Useful bits of kit if you can find a "free" channel. We use them when travelling in convoy, usually in Europe, with our friends. Takes me back to my military days, we even use military "speak".

Volvo V70/Lunar Clubman 475/2 CKW

Useful bits of kit if you can find a "free" channel. We use them when travelling in convoy, usually in Europe, with our friends. Takes me back to my military days, we even use military "speak".

I remember a few years ago traveling across France with my son in convoy and using 2 Motorola walkie talkies to keep in contact. One time as we went past a McDonalds we could hear the orders coming through the hand sets.

We still use them when we have the Grandchildren with us, give one to the eldest and call them when we need them.

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

We still use them when we have the Grandchildren with us, give one to the eldest and call them when we need them.

We use walkie talkies with our kids so we know where they are if they are out of sight.

Kia Sorento KX-2 Auto - Bailey Pegasus GT65 Ancona

The other week back Aldi had two in a pack rechargeable ones, £17:99. Wished I'd bought them now, very handy. ..

Citroen ds4 2. 0 hdi 163bhp Lunar Venus 500 2012.

We use them too - see thread Spectator Sport for all the reasons why :D. No shouting, arm whirling semaphore, door slamming blah blah

Edited by F70100

Freelander 2 and Bailey Unicorn Valencia (Classic Edition. ..)

Very useful on site for me whilst fishing, ask my wife to fetch the camera when I have caught a whopper or request beer and sandwiches.

Sadly neither happen to often but I live in hope. More often that not my good lady gets sick of the chatter and turns hers off.

Ford "FutureTaxi". less bhp than last year, sticky toffy down seat rail. Towing big white box with comfy seats and some steak knives from daughters boyfriend.

I've seen the same when reversing into a spot only this time it was mobile phones being used. Some people must have very good contracts.

Some people dont have contracts. They have PAYG and giffgaff to giffgaff calls are all totally free gratis and for nothing.

I bought a set of 4 from Argos a few years ago for £20 to use with friends when we went green laneing in our Landrovers. Stiill have them in the box and they do get used now and then for other things

2015 Ford Kuga CDTI Titanium X, towing an Elddis EX2000 Hurricane.

We use the mobiles, if you've got 3G you can FaceTime each other and use the 2 way camera - have I got carried away?

. ... Nah . .. Some people are very lazy. ....

GAS . ..

"to be auld and wise you must first be young and daft "

If you have the technology and it makes the reversing procedure safer then why not use it? But I would still never continue reversing should the person acting as banksman not be in full view. Hand signals were derived because of the inability to hear so surely contact through talking would be better. Presumably voice signals would also be more concise and avoid the need for gestures which are sometimes meaningless.

Mercedes GLC 250d towing a 2015 Bailey Unicorn Valencia

Sometimes I wonder if my wife is swatting a fly or giving me hand signals. ... ;)

Citroen ds4 2. 0 hdi 163bhp Lunar Venus 500 2012.

I borrowed some from work. Helps with the kids and was useful to let other vehicle know we needed a toilet stop.

Just have to buy my own :D. Missed the Aldi ones too.

Just beginning our adventure. 95% of my time on CT I use my phone. As a result correct spelling and grammer will be used sparingly. This is due to fat fingers. Please don't let it bother you.