Removing A Radio

conorandlucy

Hi,

I have reserved a new radio to put in our Olympus to give us a DAB radio as well as CD and AM/FM.

Does anyone know what keys I might need to remove the existing unit and will I need a harness adapter to connect it up? I'm swapping JVC for JVC.

Thanks.

If swapping jvc for jvc it is highly unlikely you will need a harness adapter. I didn't when changing radios in my van. To remove the radio you will probably have to remove the bezel that surrounds the radio first. Then slide two keys down either side between radio and carrier. you can make these keys by cutting 15cm x 1cm stops from a plastic milk bottle or similar. When using these to insert them and then pull gently on a knob to release the radio.

The original radio removal keys for my S1 Olympus where given in the bag with a TV aerial lead and some other bits. .. Is it in your blue bag with your documents?

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

The original radio removal keys for my S1 Olympus where given in the bag with a TV aerial lead and some other bits. .. Is it in your blue bag with your documents?

Will have a look when I get home later. Don't remember seeing them in it but that doesn't mean much! I probably couldn't see the wood for the trees! :D

If your JVC DAB radio is a complete boxed unit it will have removal keys in it --- if not ebay have em for a pound or two. They normally don't change removal key style in the same brand very often.

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.

Check the radio. You may find it has two aerial connectors, one for FM and AM, and the other for DAB. If DAB is separate (probably a small gold socket) you can get adapters from such as www. bluespot. co. uk to convert them to BNC or F-type. If there is a spare outlet on your TV aerial amp it will work with DAB, except note that DAB is vertically polarised which your TV signal may not be. The alternative is to get an on-glass aerial (internal) and fit it on the inside of a nearby window. The aerial will usually have an amplifier in its interface the power for which is supplied up the cable by the radio.

2018 Passat B8 Estate 150GT TDi150 towing a 2018 Bailey Unicorn S4 Seville

Check the radio. You may find it has two aerial connectors, one for FM and AM, and the other for DAB. If DAB is separate (probably a small gold socket) you can get adapters from such as www. bluespot. co. uk to convert them to BNC or F-type. If there is a spare outlet on your TV aerial amp it will work with DAB, except note that DAB is vertically polarised which your TV signal may not be. The alternative is to get an on-glass aerial (internal) and fit it on the inside of a nearby window. The aerial will usually have an amplifier in its interface the power for which is supplied up the cable by the radio.

Indeeed, these are the same type --> http://www. ebay. co. uk/itm/PC5-80-Pioneer-JVC-Stereo-Radio-Unit-Release-Removal-Extraction-Fitting-Keys-/160668597980?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item2568983edc

£1. 13 including delivery :o

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

Keys will come with the new unit.

But you will need a dab Ariel lead with a coax plug on one end. Then just use a T connector to join it to the radio input on your Vision junction box. That's what I did and it works fine with the Status Ariel on our U2 except in poor signal areas when you have to use fm.

Audi Q5 3. 0Tdi S Line