Movers - Enduro Or Powrtouch?

Rael

Looking for a mover for our new (2012) van which will shortly arrive. Enduro movers seem to be significantly cheaper than Powrtouch with similar specs and warranty.

Are the Enduro ones ok? Are the Powertouch ones worth the extra cost?

Powrtouch everyday. Service is superb. Ours is a 2007 model and never given any trouble.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

I was recently away for a couple of months during that time 3 caravans were struggling with their movers all were powertouch and were the automatic engage system, at first I thought it was perhaps the battery, but after having seen 3 having problems either engaging or disengaging the rollers from the wheels and with 2 of the people having new 110 amp batteries i would be wary about buying this model of powertouch. I am looking to change my van shortly and we be buying the Enduro ego pro.

Edited by Dougb

2016 Ssangyong Rexton EX 2. 2 auto & 2018 Bailey series 4 Pampalona.

I have had both an Enduro and a PowrTouch Evolution latest model. The Enduro was fine until I moved it to a larger van when the rollers kept slipping. It also got very rusty and was difficult to activate.

I then opted for the PowrTouch which has been fitted to my last 2 vans. I had heard of some problems with the automatic engagement so opted for the manual version which can be activated from either side of the caravan. Now had this mover for 2 years and been very happy with it.

When I swopped vans last year my dealer also transferred the mover which was not fitted correctly. A quick phone call to PowrTouch and someone was out immediately to rectify the problem.

It's the old adage - you get what you pay for and I would go for the PowrTouch every time.

Used the Enduro for 2 years and just had it moved to my new van. We use it a lot and has never been a problem.

David and Barbara

Landrover Discovery with Hobby 495

I had a Powertouch manual for 9 years transferred between three vans. When the new Powertouch Evolution automatic came out I had it fitted tom my Pegasus to replace the old manual mover. it is great and does everything I need even using a battery that is now 10 years old. Last week at Battle CC site it had to reverse van up to a steep grass pitch. No problem. I think previous post re Powertouch automatic engagement movers probably referred to the manual movers that were retro fitted with auto engagement. Powertouch had problems with those. they are not sold now and the Evolution is a totally new design.

powertouch 5 year no quibble guarantee, more power on a slope

Lunar Ultima 540

Honda CRV 2. 2 Diesel

Hmm, opinion divided really then. Same warranty on both, both comfortably within spec for our new van. Tricky.

Both are good and probably the best on the market for the price, but for me it would be Powrtouch because they have the edge over the Enduro

Follow Reads. Main Dealership for Bailey, Swift, Sterling, Lunar Venus.

www. readcaravans. com

socialfacebook.png socialtwitter.png

2013 CaravanTimes Reader Award - Best Caravan Dealer 2013 CaravanTalk Finalist - Best Caravan Dealer 2013 CaravanTalk Finalist - Best Caravan Servicing. 2012 CaravanTalk Winner Best Caravan Servicing 2011 CaravanTimes Reader Award - Best Caravan Dealer 2010 Practical Caravan - Dealer of the Year

No problem with the auto-engage on my Powertouch.

Powrtouch everyday. Service is superb. Ours is a 2007 model and never given any trouble.

Enduro for me excellent service and had ours since 2007. Had it serviced once and has been faultless.

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

Had an original Powrtouch on two vans for over 10 years and it's still going strong. . tho' I may have to invest in a new remote control soon.

Only problem was having to have the early (resin) rollers replaced for Aluminium (cast) ones. .. under warranty of course.

If/when I change it will be another Powrtouch!

HTH.

G.

For me it would be Powrtouch because they have the edge over the Enduro

In what respect?

Had both and the service and speed of Powrtouch is better than Enduro which I presently have.

Geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

I just feel the unit is better designed and bolted together, but that is my opinion. We used to fit enduro and changed to powrtouch a couple of years ago and it was a good move because I have found them very reliable and more choice.

Follow Reads. Main Dealership for Bailey, Swift, Sterling, Lunar Venus.

www. readcaravans. com

socialfacebook.png socialtwitter.png

2013 CaravanTimes Reader Award - Best Caravan Dealer 2013 CaravanTalk Finalist - Best Caravan Dealer 2013 CaravanTalk Finalist - Best Caravan Servicing. 2012 CaravanTalk Winner Best Caravan Servicing 2011 CaravanTimes Reader Award - Best Caravan Dealer 2010 Practical Caravan - Dealer of the Year

Interesting, especially to hear from people who have owned or sold both types. Think I'm veering towards the Powrtouch, its a significant investment which will hopefully last over several vans, so worth doing it properly. Thanks all.

We've had an auto engage Powrtouch since 2007, its been on 2 caravans and has been excellent.