Delta Ti - Satellite Install

Wilko_UK

Hi Folks,

I've got a 2014 Delta TI and I wish to install a Snipe Satellite receiver on the roof. My question is. . Can the Delta TI take a 16Kg piece of equipment on the roof? If so, does anyone know where the strengthening members are?

I know the Delta TI is all about weight saving and modern construction, unlike the old 2001 Abbey I had previously which was all 'oak beams' and steel panels.

Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I can't help you with the DeltaT1 but there is no way I could put 16kg on my Pageant roof.

I would have reservations about what you propose but would be interested to hear what Delta owners think.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

That is a lot of weight in one area for a roof mounted satellite. Your best bet is to contact Lunar like we did when we were thing of fitting an air con. Remember that the 16kg comes off the user payload which is not very big if you also have a mover fitted.

dont know where you got the 16kg from the avtex snipe system weighs in at 7kg.

also why do you want to permanently attach it to the roof, we have the avtex predecessor to the snipe and we just put it on the roof via the large hexi when pitched up

AQF431_default_A_large.jpg

Edited by SP1

I had an 85cm dish fitted to my Lunar Lexon with no issues .

It was fitted by my local Lunar agent who sought clarification from Lunar before fitting .

It weighed 19kg

2022 Pilote P696GJ for European touring-  2022 Coachman VIP 565 for touring the UK towed by a 2020 Kia Sportage GT line S

dont know where you got the 16kg from the avtex snipe system weighs in at 7kg.

also why do you want to permanently attach it to the roof, we have the avtex predecessor to the snipe and we just put it on the roof via the large hexi when pitched up

The one I have is definitely 16Kgs. .. I've just weighed it. I like the idea of slinging up via the Hexi tho. . nice thought that.

The one I have is definitely 16Kgs. .. I've just weighed it. I like the idea of slinging up via the Hexi tho. . nice thought that.

thats really strange why you have something that weighs an extra 9 kilos. i have just taken this of the web, could it be the mounting plate weighs the 9 kg, which you wouldn't need if you put it on the roof via the hexi. .. the snipe comes with a nice carry case and is designed to be portable

Avtex Snipe Features & Specifications

- Colour: White

- Current Draw @ 12V Less than 2 Amps during search

- Dimensions HxWxD (mm) 188m x 454 x 316mm Diameter

- Display Read Out Yes

- Gain 50 dBw

- Polarisation Linear (horizontal & vertical)

- Special Feature 1: 10. 700Ghz

- Special Feature 2: Picks up HD Signal (need HD Decoder)

- Special Feature 3: Remote Control for Satellite selection

- Warranty 1 Year

- Weight 7Kg

Yes. . I have one right next to me.

In a nice black case.

It weighs 16kgs.

It says so on the box (I would upload a picture of the box if I could) :(

The website is incorrect :)

The Delta has had aircon available as a dealer-fit option for some time, unlike the Clubman which is effectively a single-axle Delta - if the roof will take aircon, it'll take a satellite dish.

BUT - the weight isn't the main issue - it's worth remembering that dome satellite systems are far less effected by strong winds than the erecteable dish type of system - so just when the bad weather keeps you in the caravan, you can't erect the dish in case it gets ripped off the roof!

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

Hmm interesting point. . however the Snipe isn't a parabolic antenna, it is a rectangular flat panel. Sure, its going to have a 'profile' but nothing like a parabolic dish. But I take your point, I wouldn't want it on the roof in a force 9 gale.

We fitted a dome on our Delta Ti about three years ago and we have had no issues. Have you considered a dome?

2020 Swift Eccles 650 towed by Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 4.4

"What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!"

Just heard back from Lunar.

"This is quote a heavy system therefore you are going to have to ensure that it located over the wardrobe."

Could be interesting since that is exactly where the TV ariel is located. I don't this is going to work.

I have my Camos 40cm located over the sink. the roof was quite solid there. been on for a while and no issues.