Re Green Flag

myone

Would just like to dispel some of the rumours that have been circulating on here about Green flag European cover.

I have just renewed my Green flag cover i have 2 cars on the Policy 1 on Recovery plus 1 on Euro plus this costs me £117. 00 a year while i was on the phone i asked the question about recovery from Europe as i have read on here that if you breakdown without the caravan behind you they will not recover the van the operator could not answer so she got her supervisor he assured me that if you tell the operator when you phone the original breakdown in tell them you have a caravan they will if needed recover the caravan to the UK he is putting this in weighting to me also the cover is for 90 days in any one period which means you only have to come back to the UK for1 day then you can go again hope this dispels some of the rumours

Excellent thank you and much better value than Red Pennant.

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

much better value than Red Pennant.

You can't compare Green Flag with Red Pennant. One is a breakdown & recovery service. The other a complete insurance package.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

Myone,

When I phoned Green Flag they confirmed to me that they

would not recover any caravan over 7 metres and it is in their T&C.

Just mentioning it as your Delta is over 7 metres,ours was so we joined

mayday instead.

Dave & Annette .

07 Kia Sorento 2. 5 CRDi XE --- 2012 Lunar Clubman CK

Have Green Flag ever let you with caravans over 7 mtr down?

I ask because the CC use GF and I believe no 7 mtr limit.

Regards, David
Peugeot 308 GT Premium, 1.5 diesel 2021

I cannot answer the first question having never required Green Flag while towing

a 7 metre + caravan but I for one would not risk taking out an insurance when the terms

and conditions say that one will not be covered.

The CC use Mayday, which is operated by Green Flag, but specifically allow

any length of caravan, unlike GF.

Dave & Annette .

07 Kia Sorento 2. 5 CRDi XE --- 2012 Lunar Clubman CK

You can't compare Green Flag with Red Pennant. One is a breakdown & recovery service. The other a complete insurance package.

Yes you can it's only a complete package if you take out both legs ie personal and motoring.

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

Green Flag will recover your car with caravan attached. Will they recover the car, drive 30 miles to your caravan site, pick up the van and then repatriate??

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

Confuse by the above is that a statement or a question?

Phil.

Green Flag will recover your car with caravan attached. Will they recover the car, drive 30 miles to your caravan site, pick up the van and then repatriate??

Car broke down whilst away from caravan they got me back to site then at the end of holiday, actually next day, they recovered car and caravan home.

This was to their advantage as they could book the necessary recovery truck for me at a time suitable for me. If it had been same day I would have had to wait for its return as it was in use and also for driver to have legal rest period.

Regards, David

Don't forget, the 7m length relates to body length, excluding the A-frame and hitch.

Land Rover is now back towing.

Don't forget, the 7m length relates to body length, excluding the A-frame and hitch.

Not for breakdown companies! They all refer to overall length when asked to clarify what 7m means.

About eighteen months ago I wrote tothe HO of six major breakdown services and their trade body, AVRO, to ask why when the legal length is 7m excluding A frame and legal width is now 2. 55 m all the references in publicity material refers to 7m overall length and 2. 3m width.

Not one replied.

I use Britannia Rescue because they specifically refer to 8m overall length in the t&c's.

Excellent thank you and much better value than Red Pennant.

Phil.

I have just (today) renewed my red pennant cover with CC but before I did so, I checked with the others(Green flag, AA, RAC & C&CC) - all were considerably more expensive for like-for-like cover but Green flag was just over £100. 00 more!

That is more than double the Red Pennant cost.

Edited by Superpete

Pete
Range Rover(s) towing Buccaneer Caravel

I have just (today) renewed my red pennant cover with CC but before I did so, I checked with the others(Green flag, AA, RAC & C&CC) - all were considerably more expensive for like-for-like cover but Green flag was just over £100. 00 more!

That is more than double the Red Pennant cost.

Green flag euro cover is £117 for 12 months cover are you telling me RP is cheaper than that? I very much doubt it.

Phil.

Probably been asked before but I'm not doing a search - anyone know whether Green Flag do "continuation of journey" cover in Europe, like they do with Mayday in the UK.

Nobody mentioned that 4 letter word beginning with A and ending in C yet - but Phil or Snooks will do shortly I'm sure :)

Edited by onewheelonmywagon

Land Rover is now back towing.

Yes they do I checked with them as their euro cover is on a par with ADAC so I am thinking of changing to them.

Phil.

Yes you can it's only a complete package if you take out both legs ie personal and motoring.

You're quite right, of course! I've taken Red Pennant as a complete package for so many years, I'd momentarily forgotten about the motoring only offer. My apologies.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

Car broke down whilst away from caravan they got me back to site then at the end of holiday, actually next day, they recovered car and caravan home.

This was to their advantage as they could book the necessary recovery truck for me at a time suitable for me. If it had been same day I would have had to wait for its return as it was in use and also for driver to have legal rest period.

So that was Green Flag and not Mayday?

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

So that was Green Flag and not Mayday?

Yes Easy T said Green Flag and I commenterd on my experience with GF too.

Regards, David

Green flag euro cover is £117 for 12 months cover are you telling me RP is cheaper than that? I very much doubt it.

Phil.

Yes they do I checked with them as their euro cover is on a par with ADAC so I am thinking of changing to them.

Phil.

Green Flag quoted £198. RP quoted £97. - I stayed with RP.

Pete

Myone,

When I phoned Green Flag they confirmed to me that they

would not recover any caravan over 7 metres and it is in their T&C.

Just mentioning it as your Delta is over 7 metres,ours was so we joined

mayday instead

if you read the first post on this my GF cover for 2 cars 1 on recovery plus 1 on euro plus was £117 . 00 surly this is better value than RP

The limit on length is as the legal length towable in the UK which is 7 Meters body length which excludes A frame

you are correct in them not covering over 7 meters this also is body length the Lunar Delta comes in under this limit or would not be built as would not be within the law

Edited by myone

if you read the first post on this my GF cover for 2 cars 1 on recovery plus 1 on euro plus was £117 . 00 surly this is better value than RP

The limit on length is as the legal length towable in the UK which is 7 Meters body length which excludes A frame

you are correct in them not covering over 7 meters this also is body length the Lunar Delta comes in under this limit or would not be built as would not be within the law

My cover with RP is for 2 Range Rovers with any driver and for both wife and myself in any car (as passenger or driver), includes caravan and full European cover - but hey, I'm not trying to sell this to anyone.

I have been and continue to be very happy with what I have and really that is what matters to me.

Pete

If its that good will check it out and change next year thanks for the heads up on this

The other thing to remember is that the Green Flag Euro cover also includes the UK for the full 12 month so no Mayday is required and of course you are not obliged to be a member of the CC either so it has to be better value than RP.

Phil.