Camping La Yole (Vendee) Thoughts And Commenst Please

Further to my post for info on Camping Du Letty I am now also considering La Yole in Vendee for our first French trip in order to give Mrs Jim a bit more heat and sun.

I also have fond memories of a summer holiday as a teen when I spent 2 weeks with a French family at Notre Dame du Mont.

So any comments on what the site is like out of schhol holidays?

Also when do the ferry companies/sites/CC website start taking bookings for next year so I can price things up.

Thanks

Jim

Unicorn Valencia S1 Xtrail MK4 2. 0DCi

Can't comment on La Yole precisely but Notre Dame De Monts is still lovely IMO and we have had had last few summers spent in that area.

La Yole I believe is south of St Jean though so not walkable to Notra Dame

Great market, good sized Super U, one of best patiserries I have been to on roundabout as you come in from St Jean direction, lovely cafe/restaurants down nearer beach end of road, good English speaking doctor in middle of town, beach is unpsoilt and lovely

Our favourite site near to beach and walkable to notre Dames De Monts is Camping La Foret

Enjoy!

Unless you've tried it, you simply won't understand. .....

Hi,

Camping La Foret does look nice.

What services are on the pitches? We much prefer to be self contained to La Yole appealed for it's Gran Confort pitches.

I was thinking to take bikes to get out and about

Jim

Can't comment on La Yole precisely but Notre Dame De Monts is still lovely IMO and we have had had last few summers spent in that area.

La Yole I believe is south of St Jean though so not walkable to Notra Dame

Great market, good sized Super U, one of best patiserries I have been to on roundabout as you come in from St Jean direction, lovely cafe/restaurants down nearer beach end of road, good English speaking doctor in middle of town, beach is unpsoilt and lovely

Our favourite site near to beach and walkable to notre Dames De Monts is Camping La Foret

Enjoy!

Jim

There are 4 way taps between each 4 pitches do you could connect up I would say no problem. grey water into hedges (very sandy soil so drains away) and smallish site anyway so nowhere is far from central (all new for 2014) wash block

Really is a lovely spot run by some lovely people with Greg and Wiebke who speak goodness knows how many languages!)

We are actually quite nervous about going somewhere different this year!

It is sounding good!

Jim

Jim

There are 4 way taps between each 4 pitches do you could connect up I would say no problem. grey water into hedges (very sandy soil so drains away) and smallish site anyway so nowhere is far from central (all new for 2014) wash block

Really is a lovely spot run by some lovely people with Greg and Wiebke who speak goodness knows how many languages!)

We are actually quite nervous about going somewhere different this year!

If you go for it then let me know and I'll recommend some pitches for you as they do vary. In fairness the owners are very helpful on that aswell

Access a little tight but again owners and all their helpers suddenly appear when you arrive and push your van onto pitch no problem. they managed our friends well loaded 1550kg Swift with no issues!

You cannot book for next year until I think 1/11

Just noticed you are going out of school holidays so not sure if are will be too quiet however as have only been in August.

I would maybe recommend last week of August and first week of Sept?

I doubt things could be too quiet and we had the last week of June in mind. I could be advised otherwise.

I'll get SWMBO to run her eye over the website and get in touch if pitch recommendations are needs. (We like a bit of space and privacy)

If you care to look at my blog for France 2012 we stayed at La Yole out of season and you will see my thoughts on it. Basically it wasn't really for us.

Kia Sorrento towing a Coachman VIP 575/4

Our blog: jennyandjohngocaravanning. wordpress. com

We stopped at La Yole last August and loved it. So much so we are going back again on Sunday. A great family site

I have found your review of the site. .. is there more as the review doesn't expand on why La Yole wasn't for you?

Thanks

Jim

If you care to look at my blog for France 2012 we stayed at La Yole out of season and you will see my thoughts on it. Basically it wasn't really for us.

I've seen a couple of posts mentioning LaYole and with your contibutions. .. one of the reasons it was on my list of possibles

Jim

We stopped at La Yole last August and loved it. So much so we are going back again on Sunday. A great family site

I have found your review of the site. .. is there more as the review doesn't expand on why La Yole wasn't for you?

Thanks

Jim

I've seen a couple of posts mentioning LaYole and with your contibutions. .. one of the reasons it was on my list of possibles

Jim

Anything you want to know about the site Jim just let me know. And bear in mind, any site might do it for one person but not for another ;) Edited by Scaramanga

Thanks

Jim

Jim

I am sorry Jimbuoy I am being very unfair because it wasn't the site that I didn't like but the area. If you look at the blog on France rather than the site reviews you will see why and of course it is only a personal opinion. If you know the area and like it the site is fine.

Kia Sorrento towing a Coachman VIP 575/4

Our blog: jennyandjohngocaravanning. wordpress. com

Thanks, I may well be in touch. .. and the big empty beach and sand dunes Jenny mentions in her blog hold a lot of appeal to me.

Really I just want a safe bet in order to dip my toe in the whole going abroad thing. The chance to enjoy Du Pain, Du vin etc etc

Jim

Anything you want to know about the site Jim just let me know. And bear in mind, any site might do it for one person but not for another ;)

We went to La Yole last year in August for our first trip to France . We loved it and we have just come back from a 2500 mile round trip to the South of France and we wish we had gone back to La Yole. :(

There are plenty of things to do in the area. I recently advised some other CT users how nice the site and area were for a first trip and they also loved it.

Give it a go, you will not be disappointed.

Mitsubishi Shogun 3. 2 SG3 197 BHP, 2014, Auto in White . Looking for a 7m German caravan.

Use to go a few years back, when Christine and Gorden had it, then they sold it. We had some great times. I was great for smaller kids. The pitches on K were very good size. We use to book direct with site it was a lot cheaper than the CC broucher .

Shogun SWB, Adria Isonzo +Dwt Paradies 280 . ... 78% match. Pitchin next to you sometime. ..!!!!

We're off to La Yole tomorrow night. Chosen purely off recommendations from here. Its our first trip abroad with the van and first trip to France for the kids. One of the big attractions for me is the fact that its a mile from the beach, has mains hookup (incl waste), pool for kids and bar for later on.

Bought myself a kindle, so I can happily see myself either reading a lot or falling asleep, or maybe both.

Will let you know in a few days our initial thoughts

Jim, If you take the Portsmouth - Caen afternoon crossing (arrives about 9. 30 pm if I remember) and drive a few hundred yards to Les Pommiers for your overnight stop, then La Yole is an easy run within the day with 95% of the journey on toll-free motorways (according to ViaMichelin). We shall be there next June as we are running a rally there, several of our members having stayed there previously and given it the thumbs up.

hi

la yole site is great all service pitches great pool area great with bikes very helpful owners you will enjoy pitches near the play area are large clean toilets

Edited by keithjl