Acsi Card - Input Please

MadMomster

Just looking for some input on whether an ACSI card would be worth it, please.

It seems that it only covers a unit and 2 adults - unless you are specifically going to one of their sites that allow up to 3 kids free. Right? So - for example - if I wanted to go to any parks not on *that* list I would pay the published child tariffs on the individual park website.

What about Awnings? On the camping card website it states that rates include the awning, but in a discussion on one of the review forums here on CT there is mention of having to pay an extra £4 per night for an awning?

Having used ACSI abroad a few times I can confirm that the published price includes 2 people, car, caravan, awning, as well as electricity - although some sites that meter electricity give you a daily allowance.

Depending on a site's tariff rules there may well be a charge for kids and/or dogs.

Edit: Don't forget that ACSI is a LOW SEASON discount card and you need to check with the site to find out when this is. Also, some sites do a discount, example 14 nights for the price of 10, and these deals can sometimes be cheaper than the ACSI rate.

Edit2: Have a look at the ACSI website to see what's included http://www. campingcard. co. uk/gb/en/about-campingcard-acsi/rates-explained/uc33-l2-n648. 658/

Edited by onewheelonmywagon

Land Rover is now back towing.

Out of season we found ACSI worth every penny and never paid extra for an awning.

Kia Sorrento towing a Coachman VIP 575/4

Our blog: jennyandjohngocaravanning. wordpress. com

It also includes one shower a day per adult where showers are normally charged. We stayed on such a site in Germany and were given tokens free.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

Recently returned from the South of France. We went between the end of the ACSI card and camping cheques scheme and the start of the school holidays. If you want peace and quite, this is the time to go. All the Brits had gone home as the cheap rates had finished and the Brits and Europeans with children had not arrived as the school holidays had not started.

It was DEAD. ......

It was our first trip without our teenage children and we were on a site with 200 pitches, but only 10-15 van on site. It was so quite we were in shock. ( the wife read 12 books)

I spoke to one elderly chap who told me he had been charged 18 euros for his pitch where we had paid over £32 for the same pitch booked with the CC.

Mitsubishi Shogun 3. 2 SG3 197 BHP, 2014, Auto in White . Looking for a 7m German caravan.

Wouldn't leave home without it. I've never paid for an awning. Don't forget it's for low season use so paying for kids is not normally an issue.

A Fiat Doblo camper and a Lunar Ariva 2019
grace my drive.

It also includes one shower a day per adult where showers are normally charged. We stayed on such a site in Germany and were given tokens free.

This is true for the ACSI card, but a word of caution for anyone using Camping Cheques. The 'majority' of sites offer free showers using Camping Cheque but not all. I had planned staying at a Belgian site in September until I found, reading the reviews, that the site charged for showers. OK I'm a meanie but I do like my discount caravanning :) .

Gordon

Nissan Qashqai 1. 6 dCi (130 PS) + Avondale Rialto 390-2

We use ACSI in the low season in France and Spain For last 2 years 4 Trips 2 in Sept to Dec 2 in Jan to May first Year we only paid 12 euros per night second year 14 euros per night this is for 2 axle van 2 people awning dog we had free wifi, showers, we think its well worth the money would not leave home without it

Low season works for us as the kids are home-educated so we are not bound by term times :) I must admit to having spent much of today bookmarking all the sites on the ACSI website that I like the look of. Thanks so much for all the input - I'm definitely getting a card pronto!!

Same here, in Belgium. Was too ill to use them, but there's another story.

Just one night on a top ACSI listed site will pay for the membership sub in money saved. However, by and large you have to be prepared to stay on big commercial sites.

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450