Sign in to follow this  
OLD NICK

That Does It. I Have Had Enough.!

Well! We arrived as planned on Monday, friends arrived to help with the awning (wonderful people). We are now just about straight and had a lovely lunch today in the sun with same friends. Forgot how good the Spanish coffee is but didn't take too long to remember! Wine isn't bad either!

Wall to wall sun thank goodness. Thanks to all you snowbirds for not using it all up! Merry Christmas.

Roger

Summer sun on a winters day. The crowded beach at Cape Trafalgar on Christmas eve.

post-40786-0-38378700-1419460458_thumb.jpg

We'll be there next year!

Feliz Navidad!!!

Well after an extremely lively Christmas & new year!! " just surfaced from new years eve".

It,s lovely to see the sun beaming down again 24c down on the promenade. Lots of English pensioners

strolling up & down plus of course lots of Spanish all ready for their big day tomorrow.

So pleased that we decided to come for the winter. It,s doing me the world of good.

• :D:D:D :D Happy new year to everyone( & many of em )
  • Like 2

• :D:D:D :D Happy new year to everyone( & many of em )

Yes! And A Happy New Year to yourself. And Yes! The sun's great - even a few miles along the coast from you.

And to you Nick. Warm and sunny here on Costa de La Luz too. People on the way to Morocco are stalling because weather is better here. Moving on later this week, heading slowly your way. Not yet decided, Antiquera, Motril. .......

After seeing the forecast of 100mph winds in Scotland plus cold winds & rain elsewhere we have decided that our

decision to come to spain for the winter was the correct choice.

Unfortunately I will be returning to the uk on the 17th for a week. so I will experience it first hand.

We have 23c at the moment here with brilliant sunshine. Gud innit. :D:D

It is good during the day in Mojacar but not 23 C today, perhaps over the weekend, and it certainly a bit nippy at night, but significantly better than the UK and France.

23 degrees here at La Manga this weekend, chilly at night but cloudless sunny sky's during daytime at the moment, glorious!!

Phil.

Just had a walk along the beach with the dog. 24c in the sheltered spots 21c by the sea.

sun shining in a cloudless sky. Chilly at night so we just pour ourselves drinks throw another log on

the fire & turn on the TV. Having seen the uk weather reports last night I am so pleased that we came. :):):D

We are at Sierrecilla, just inland from Antiquera. Thick frost last night, still ice on windscreen at 09:30. However by mid afternoon temperature up to 22, sun hot, sky blue, hills crisp and clear. What more could you want!

Ice John. What the hell is ice. ;);););)

• Like 1

Ice John. What the hell is ice. ;);););)

It goes in you G&T. ...

Glad to see all you retirees enjoying the winter ;)

• Like 1

We are at Sierrecilla, just inland from Antiquera. Thick frost last night, still ice on windscreen at 09:30. However by mid afternoon temperature up to 22, sun hot, sky blue, hills crisp and clear. What more could you want!

Warmer nights!

But I'm greedy!

We are on our way down to Malaga area at Aranjuez at the moment any body got any good sites to recommend in the Malaga area

Just arrived back in mojacar after my trip to the uk for checkups etc,pleased to say that everything is going well.

After spending about 15 winters in the sunshine I had forgotten just how cold the uk can be in the winter.

My son drove me to my appointments & even he thought that it was colder than the norm.

The boss picked me up at the airport & could,nt stop laughing at the amount of clothes I was wearing in 22c.

However now I can enjoy the weather again & can assure you that come September we will be back in spain again.

May/ June/July /& August/September we now spend in the uk on a seasonal pitch on the south coast.

End of September we are on the ferry from pompey to Santander then that's us until may again.

After all our years of travelling I think that we have just about got it right now.

Safe travelling for all of you still on the road. :);):D

• Like 2

Sound like you've had some good storms in Spain as well, La Rabita prom has been damaged - beach has disappeared and they've had barely any electric for two days, told mother is was nice to have a reminder of home every now and then! Lol

Sound like you've had some good storms in Spain as well,

Not storms - but some very high winds causing rough seas. One beach we visited yesterday was virtually washed away and tons of large stones and sand hurled across the coast road towards the bars and restaurants. Since it happened during the early hours of Saturday morning, it must have been terrifying for the residents.

post-261-0-11092600-1422810927_thumb.jpg

post-261-0-09116100-1422810962_thumb.jpg

This weather certainly is variable. Its up & down like a tarts drawers. Yesterday walking along the beach with the dog

I was frozen as there was a real biting wind. Today went out well wrapped up only to find myself overheating

as it was showing 23c on the big thermometer outside the chemist.

Fancy me complaining at 23c in February. ;):)

It's all to do with the jetstream. It is too far south which means we are on the northern ( cold ) side of it. If you have contacts Nick, get him to move it north then we should warm up a bit.

Shouldn't really complain, although the thermometer says otherwise it really is lovely in the sun. I'm toasty!

Shoul add that I am in Oropesa del Mar, Costa Azahar.

It's a balmy 6. 5 degrees here 😄

post-55551-0-30650700-1422978693_thumb.jpg

The Brits (bless em ) we have noticed the difference between nationalities when the weather is cool here.

The germans/dutch/Scandinavians & anyone from northern Europe wear sweaters,bodywarmers,& the like.

The Spanish wear big overcoats, fur coats,numerous scarves,gloves etc. BUT The Brits wear shorts,tee shirts

flip flops or sandals, strappy little dresses for the ladies,with sun hats for the children in the prams.

It,s as though they are saying we are on holiday so we are going to wear our holiday clothes. come what may.

At this time of year those white legs really do stand out. (why are we so different from the rest ?.)

Salobrena near Motril also hit badly by the storm

post-40786-0-84696100-1423168374_thumb.jpg

post-40786-0-93383300-1423168390_thumb.jpg

we seem to be very lucky as the beach appears to be untouched by the weather.

When was this storm? as I have been in the uk for a few days. The boss can remember strong winds

but not a storm.

When was this storm?

During late Friday night - early hours of Saturday morning. Seems the wind whipped up some huge waves.