Sign in to follow this  
OLD NICK

That Does It. I Have Had Enough.!

I do the booze,the boss does the food. Teamwork. .. ;);)

That's fine as long as you control the money otherwise things could become seriously out of balance. You have to always keep the throat moistened sufficiently.

Winter has finally arrived. Went for A stroll down the promenade this morning for my morning coffee. The council workers

were busy trimming the palm trees,thats usually the first sign of winter.

Also noticed a keenness in the air maybe I should have put a jumper on. I checked the thermometer when I returned

home to find that it had plunged to 18c.

I must remember to wear my bodywarmer tomorrow. ;):):D

Good advice, just getting the van ready for our 3 month escape, I may pack a body warmer too!!

Phil.

Arriving Mojaca on Sunday, looking forward to the warm sunshine, even though winter only hit central France a week ago.

Tried to start the rotavator this morning but I've had to put it in the sun to thaw out as the throttle cable has frozen!!

Good advice, just getting the van ready for our 3 month escape, I may pack a body warmer too!!

Phil.

We too, are counting down the days to our departure. If the temps are down as low as 18°C then I shall have to think about my overcoat, never mind the body warmer.

I will, however, make sure I pack my shorts and tee shirts!!!!

Can't wait.

Tomorrow I pay in advance for my second month, so I've been here in Malaga Province for more than four weeks. Over that time there's been quite a change in the temperatures. When I arrived the overnight temperature wasn't falling much below 20C and I had the Remitop rooflight fully open. On some nights the door as well. But now, by early morning the outside temperature is often down to 9C. Of course, once the sun rises, so does the temperature. Most days is 22 - 23C by lunchtime.

• Like 1

Got up this morning,sun streaming through the windows,decided to take the dog for an outing to the beach.

Once on the beach & off the lead he took off like a dog out of trap 3.

Racing around at high speed in & out of the sea I just strolled along the beach & let him use up

all that surplus energy. Then ambled along to the little café at the end of the beach to have

a cup of the best coffee in the district.

How is it that in spain I can get a cup of superb coffee for 1 euro while in England a cup of coloured mud

costs 2 to 3 pounds.

After a chat with some of the old lads I have,nt seen for 12 months & giving the dog a long drink of water

I wandered home. There certainly is a lot to be said for spending the winter months in the sunshine.

;):D

• Like 2

We our sailing from Poole to Cherbourg on 29th Dec, we cannot wait making way to our first stop at Mojacar we know some of our friends sailed this morning lucky them.

We have found sunshine at last, in Salamanca. It rained all the way from Calais to Tours to Urrugne, then it poured to Bilbao and Burgos. Burgos was freezing, as expected, but here in Salamanca today there are a couple of hardy souls sat out in the sun.

On to Caceres in a couple of days.

I hope you lot don't use up all the sunshine and warmth before we get there! Unfortunately we cannot leave until the 20th December due go an unavoidable medical appointment but the car will be packed and we leave first thing next morning and I mean first thing. We are due to arrive at the campsite 22nd and no-one has ever looked forward to anything more than this.

Just in case someone thinks Northern France to Spain in 2days is a bit much for an old git like me, the caravan is already there, all we have to do is get it out of storage, travel about 30 miles and put the awning up. Job done (I hope).

Can't wait.

I hope you are not travelling this weekend Sulyka. Ihave just watched the forecast on the news.

Winds of 60 to 70 mph forecast in Biscay. Having crossed on the old pride of Bilbao in winds of 70mph

I can assure you it is not funny,I had to drink my pint quickly as I couldn,t put it down without it spilling. .

Anyway it,s only for 24hrs unless the captain has to slow down too much. So have a safe journey. ;):P:o

Hi Nick,

Not only are we not travelling this weekend but we go nowhere near Biscay, unless they have moved it a long way to the east. We like to travel in straight lines (unless Paris is on that line) so it is straight down the middle of France for us with a small detour to miss the sightseeing around Paris. Keep it warm for us please, only 11 days until we pitch up.

Roger

That's good news Sulyka,enjoy your trip, It,s sunny & hot here during the day,but quite cool at night.

You will have to wear sheepskin pyjamas. :D:D;)

Under carpet heating and an electric blanket should obviate the need for the sheepskin!!

Soft? You bet but comfortable? Oh Yes.

minus 5 registering on the car temp gauge at 8:30 this morning in Salamanca. By 3:30 in Caceres sat outside van enjoying the sun.

Keep heading south John until your feet get wet.

Having said that it,s raining today the forecast is heavy rain today then 2 days of cloud,until we are back to

the sunshine on Wednesday. I suppose that I can always watch the footie on the box. The boss will want

to watch strictly tonight guaranteed. :D:D:D

Are you heading for southern spain or Portugal John. ?

Caceres at the moment, then to Puerta de Santa Maria (Cadiz) for a few days. Pinar San Jose (Barbate) Dec 21 to Jan 8, then heading east and north drifting back to UK for March. Probably via Sierrecilla, Motril, Santa Helena, Granada, Palomares, Kiko Rural & Zaragoza (all being close to things we want to see/explore). But who knows, lets see where the weather is.

lets see where the weather is.

It certainly isn't on the Costa del Sol. At least not this past weekend. There's been nothing but a gentle rain since late on Friday night. But hopefully things are looking better for Tuesday onwards.

I'm in Southern Spain in a static for the first 2 weeks of January if anyone is nearby. 30km N of Almeria, near the Exodus desert.

Caceres at the moment, then to Puerta de Santa Maria (Cadiz) for a few days. Pinar San Jose (Barbate) Dec 21 to Jan 8, then heading east and north drifting back to UK for March. Probably via Sierrecilla, Motril, Santa Helena, Granada, Palomares, Kiko Rural & Zaragoza (all being close to things we want to see/explore). But who knows, lets see where the weather is.

Isn't retirement wonderful?

It certainly isn't on the Costa del Sol. At least not this past weekend. There's been nothing but a gentle rain since late on Friday night. But hopefully things are looking better for Tuesday onwards.

Chin up John, I'm sure it will dry up/warm up before too long.

Chin up John, I'm sure it will dry up/warm up before too long.

We didn't have too long to wait. Normal service was resumed this morning. .. B)

Likewise here in Caceres. Beautiful sunny day, almost warm enough for shirtsleeves. Had a nice walk round the lake in the Barruecos park and saw quite a few storks returning early to. take possession of the best nests. Two more days and we'll see the sea again.